4-5 egg plants – sliced into halves and using a small spoon scrape out some of the white parts
10-12 big prawns – balves for topping
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 big egg – beaten lightly
1 tsp Italian Mixed Grill Mates Herbs
2 cloves garlic – minced
150 g chicken meat
100 g small prawns
(season with a bit of salt and corn flour)
Salt to taste
Corn flour for coating
1) Bring a pot of salt water and oil to a boil, add in the egg plants and blanced for 3 minutes, drained and transfer to icy water. Soak for a while, remove and pat dry, dust with some corn flour in the middle of the brinjal. Arrange on a baking tray lined with greased aluminium foil.
2) Heat a frying pan with 2 tbsp oil, saute garlics till fragrant add in minced ingredients and white part of brinjal, continue to stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add in water, sugar, salt to taste, Italian mixed herbs . Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Simmer over low heat for 1 minute and stir to mix well. Dish out to a serving bowl.
3) Fill out the dusted brinjal with No. (2) , topped with mozzarella cheese, prawns
and ladle a tsp of beaten egg over it and baked or grilled in pre heated oven 200 C for 20 minutes.
4) Serve hot with rice.
10-12 chicken wings – washed with a bit of salt, drain and pat dry.
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Spice Salt
21/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp white pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp corn flour
Some satay sticks – soaked in water
1) Pre heat oven to 200 C (fan mode)
2) In a mixing bowl, season chicken wings with marinade ingredients and mix till well combined. Pour into a zip lock bag and left to marinade in fridge for at least 4-6 hours.
3) Remove chicken wings from fridge few hours before baking. Pierce the satay stick carefully through the chicken wings and place in the oven to grill.
4) Grill 8 minutes on both side until chicken wings is crisp and tender. Brush liberally on both sides of wings with marinade sauce and continue baking for 10 minutes. Cover with foil and continue to bake for 10 minutes.
5) To enjoy, squeeze calamansi juice all over the wings and dip them in spicy chilli sauce.
Spicy Chilli Sauce
8 fresh red chilli
4 chilli padi (add more if want more spicy)
3 inch ginger
6 cloves garlic
4 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
Juice of 7-8 calamansi
1 tbsp white vinegar
31/2 tbsp sugar
50 ml water or chicken stock
Put everything in a blender and blend till smooth. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Store in a airtight container and put in the fridge.
1 brinjal – cut into rings
12 small cherry tomatoes – halved
1 potatoes – sliced thinly
1 cup Gnocchi – blanced in boiling salted water till it floats on top. Drain and set aside
1/2 green and red capsicum – diced
1/2 yellow onion – diced
1 small can button mushroom – sliced
4 fresh white button mushroom – sliced
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp oil
30 g shredded chedder cheese
1) Heat oil in a wok and pan fry brinjal and potatoes till 1/2 cooked. Dish out and set aside.
2) Oiled a baking plate, arrange brinjal around the bottom of the plate. Follow by potato, gnocchi, button mushroom and cherry tomato.
3) Scatter the capsicums and onions on top layer. Season with salt, black pepper and Oregano. Scatter chedder cheese on top.
4) Baked in pre heated oven 250 C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cheese charred a bit,
5) Serve hot.
1 young coconut
(drain the water and scraped out the flesh)
Some kaduk Leaves (optional)
Herbs Leave slice thiny
3 kaffir leaves
1 small piece turmeric leaf
1 sprig basil leave
Minced Coarsely Meat
200 g Batang fish meat
200 g prawn meat
2 squids meat
200 g crab meat
1 tsp gula melaka
1 tbsp Nam Pla
200 ml Ayam Brand Coconut Milk
2 eggs – lightly beaten
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp kerisik
1 inch turmeric
2 stalks lemongrass
1 inch galangal
3 cloves garlic
20 dried chillies – soaked in hot water till soft
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 inch toasted belacan
1 tsp oil
50 ml water
1) Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok and saute blended ingredients till aromatic, add in fish and prawns, stir well.
2) Add in the sauce ingredients, squids. crab meat and including the coconut flesh, mix well and transfer into the coconut shell. (lay the base of the coconut shell with kaduk leaves).
3) Bake in pre heated oven 180C for 30-40 minutes until the otah boils and becomes almost dry.
4) Serve hot.
750 g grated tapioca
10 g plain flour and 10 g tapioca flour
200 ml Ayam Brand coconut milk
150 ml water
25 g butter
1 egg – lightly beaten
5 shallots – sliced
25 g dried shrimp (soaked ) – minced coarsely
2 fresh red chillies – mincec coarsely
1 stalks spring onion – diced
11/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
Dash of white pepper
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp curry powder
Salt to taste
1 piece banana leaf (7 x 7 “) scalded
1) Combine flour, tapioca flour, egg, coconut milk and water together. Strain through a sieve and mix with grated tapioca.
2) Heat a wok with 3 tbsp oil, saute onions, dried shrimps till aromatic. Add in red chilli, spring onion, (No.1), butter and seasoning, stir to combine well.
3) Pour mixture into a square 7 x 7 ” tray lined with banana leaf. Baked in pre heated oven 180 C for 40-45 minutes till golden and cooked through.
4) Cool for a couple of hours before slicing.
12 pieces square wanton skin
75 g chicken luncheon meat – diced
50 g white button mushroom – diced
1 cup Casa Rinaldi Gnocchi di patate – washed and diced
3/4 pizza sauce (I use pasta sauce)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 muffin pan (6 holes)
1) Spray muffin pan with oil and pre heat oven to 185 C/
2) Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and saute diced luncheon meat till a bit crisp and add in button mushroom, diced gnocchi and continue to stir fry for 2 minute. Off heat and dish up and set aside to cool down.
3) In a mixing bowl, add in potatoes, pasta/pizza sauce, button mushroom and luncheon meat. Stir to mixed well.
4) Push a wanton skin into the bottom of the muffin pan, using about 1/2 mixture, spoon evenly into wanton skin, sprinkle about 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wanton skin on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining mixture, place a piece of Gnocchi and mozzarella cheese.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes or till the edges are golden, contents is heated through and cheese is bubbly. Let it cool slightly before serving.
5 medium size purple brinjal – washed and using a sharp knife to poke it a few times
Sambal Paste Ingredients (blend)
4 tbsp Soy Bean Paste (I am using Tiger’s Brand)
5 chilli padi
5 cloves garlic
1 inch galangal
2 stalks lemongrass (use the white part)
1 handful of dried shrimp (soaked in hot water till soft)
11/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp oil
1) Place prick brinjal in a baking tray and baked at pre heated oven 250 C till soft.
2) Meanwhile, heat a wok (without oil) and saute the blended ingredients till dried. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
3) Place the baked brinjal on a aluminium foil and slice into half, slather with some sambal paste, do the same to the rest. Place the brinjal back to oven and baked for 5 minutes.
4) Serve hot with rice.
15 dried mushroom (blanch and drain)
15 quail – boil and deshelled
Some grated Mozzarella cheese
Some minced chicken ham
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
Some corn flour for coating
2 potatoes – steamed and mashed
150 g minced chicken meat
30 g red capsicum
30 g green capsicum
20 g carrot
30 g celery
1) Heat some olive oil in a pan, fried minced meat till opaque, add in minced vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes. Season with salt, sugar and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
2) Add in mashed potatoes and mix well. Stuff mushroom (coated the inside with some corn flour) with mixture and insert a quail egg in the center.
3) Sprinkle some minced ham and grated mozzarella cheese on top. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes over 200 C or until golden colour.
150 g Oreo biscuit – crushed roughly
15 g castor sugar
75 g butter – soften at room temperature
400 g cream cheese
130 castor sugar
50 g whipping cream
100 g Oreo biscuit – crushed roughly
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1) Lined a 7 inch round baking pan and greased with butter.
2) In a mixing bowl, mixed all ingredients for base evenly. Pour to line pan and smooth out evenly. Put in the fridge.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whipped cream cheese and sugar till light and fluffy, add in egg one at a time and beat it in. Lastly add in whipping cream and crushed Oreo Biscuit and fold in evenly.
4) Remove the baking pan from the fridge and pour in the cream cheese mixture and use a plastic spatula to spread evenly. Baked in pre heated oven 150 C for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
5) Remove from oven to baking rack to cool completely and refrigerate overnight.
Dough ingredients (A)
150 g butter/margarine
130 g castor sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Filling Ingredients (B)
200 g slice almonds
250 g dried mixed fruits and nuts
100 g butter/margerine
1 tsp vanilla essence
40 ml evaporated milk
2 tbsp honey
1) Mixed Ingredients A to form a soft dough.
2) Roll the dough thinly and place on a greased square baking tray (18cm x 28cm).
3) Baked on pre heated oven 180 C for 20 minutes.
To Make top layer ingredients
1) Cook sugar till caramized, add in evaporated milk, honey and butter. Stir to mix till well dissolved.
2) Add in vanilla essence, mixed fruits, nuts and sliced almonds. Pour onto baked dough, using a spatula to spread evenly.
3) Baked for 20 minutes at 180 C.
4) Remove from oven and cut into rectangle or square shape.