Egg Yolk mixture
250 g unsalted butter
100 g sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp fresh milk
200 g fresh durian pulp (blended)
250 g self raising flour
4 egg whites
90 g castor sugar
1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy. Add egg yolk one at a time and beat each time after each addition until well mixed and fluffy. Add in vanilla and stir to combine well.
2) Add in flour, durian pulp and milk alternatively until all ingredients are used up, fold till incorporated with the batter. Set a aside.
2) In a clean mixing bowl, add the egg whites and beat till frothy, gradually add the castor sugar and whisk till soft peak.
3) Fold 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, gently fold until just blended. Pour the batter back to the balance of the 2/3 meringue and fold until mixture is well blended.
4) Pour the batter evenly onto a lined grease 7″ x 7 ” cake pan and baked in pre heated oven at 170 C for about 40-45 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake came out clean. (If top browns after 30 minutes, cover with aluminium foil)
5) Cool cake in the pan for about 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.