2 egg yolk
100 g butter
40 g castor sugar
60 ml yuzu juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
90 g self raising flour
pinch of salt
(sieve twice and set aside)
2 tbsp grounded flaxseeds
1 tbsp Nutrimix powder (optional)
(mix well with the flour)
2 egg white
35 g castor sugar
1) Cream butter in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy, add in sugar and zest and beat till light and fluffy, gradually add in egg yolk and whisk till well combined.
2) Fold in flour mixtures to the yolk mixtures, followed juices in sequences (flour>juice>flour till finished). Using a rubber spatula to fold the mixtures till well combined.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till frothy, gradually add in sugar and beat till stiff peak.
4) Fold the meringue to yolk mixtures in 3 batches , using a plastic spatula to mix till well combined. Fill muffin cup lined with paper cup till 3/4 full. Bake in pre heated oven 180 C for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake,
Cup Cakes Ingredients
18- g Multi Purpose Plain Flour
1 tsp Double Acting Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
(Sieve all together 2 times)
120 g sugar
125 g Unsalted butter
1 tsp pandan extract
120 ml fresh milk
Gula Melaka and Coconut Mixture Ingredients
200 g gula melaka – shaved
100 ml water
3 pieces pandan leave -knotted
120 g fresh shredded white coconut
Whipped Cream Infredients
240 ml whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp pandan essence
Method for Cup Cake
1) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg 1 at a time and mix till well blended.
2) Add in vanilla essence and pandan extract, mix to well combined/
3) Add in flour mixture in 3 addition alternatively with the milk. Mix well till just incorporate. Divide mixture into 12 cupcakes liner.
4) Bake in pre heated oven 180 C for 18-20 minutes or till skewer insert comes out clean. Cool completely.
Method for coconut with Gula Melaka
1) In a saucepan, add gula melaka, pandan leaves and water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, discard pandan leave and sieve the mixtture to remove any impurities. Add in fresh shredded coconut and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Method for Whipping Cream
1) Whip the cream till foamy and gradully add in the sugar, vanilla essence and pandan essence till stiff peak forms.
1) When the cup cake are completely cool, use a small sharp knife to remove some of the cake on top to make a small hole. Fill the hole with coconut gula melaka.
2) Pipe the whipping cream on the cup cake. Top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut . Drizzle with gula melaka gravy and serve immediately.
Best consume immediately. Can be stored in fridge for up to 3 days.