400 g grated Tapioca (place into a strainer over a bowl. Leave for about 30 minutes. Pour off excess liquid slowly, leaving behind tapioca starch at the bottom of the bowl).
100 g grated white coconut
1 large egg – lightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
200 ml coconut milk
60 ml pandan water
80 g sugar
60 g shaved gula melaka
5 g butter – cut into small cubes
50 grated gula melaka ( divide into 2 parts)
1) Lined a loaf pan with a banana leaf, oiled on the shiny side. Pre heat oven to 170 C.
2) In a big mixing bowl, add in grated Tapioca, reserve tapioca starch, sugar, gula melaka, beaten egg and salt. Stir well till sugar is dissolved.
Add in coconut milk, butter and pandan water. Mix thoroughly.
3) Pour mixture into loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Topped with 1 part of the gula melaka, press it down softly. Sprinkle the top again with the balance part of the gula melaka.
4) Baked in pre heated oven until golden brown and crisp on the surface for about 1 – 1.5 hours.
5) Let it cool completely before cutting.