450 g potatoes – peeled, cut into cubes and steam till half cook
150 g chicken breast meat – cubes
4 tbsp meat Curry powder (mixed with 5 tbsp of water)
1 large onion – chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 tsp chicken powder
1-1/2 tsp light soy sauce
Salt and sugar to taste
320 g bread flour
80 g plain flour
20 g sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
220 ml fresh cold milk
30 butter soften at room temperature
1 egg – beaten for glazing
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute onions and garlic till fragrance, add in curry paste, saute over low heat till aromatic. Add chicken, briefly fry for a while, add in potatoes and 50 ml water, mix well.
2) Add in seasoning to taste and cook till potatoes is soft. Dish out and set aside to cool completely.
1) Mix all dry ingredients and egg in a mixing bowl, add milk, mix to form a dough. Place dough on the table and add soft butter Knead to become a smooth and elastic (for about 20-25 minutes).
2) Place dough into a big bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it proof for about 50-60 minutes till double it’s size.
3) Knock down the dough, rest for 10 minutes, divide into 12, 60 g each roll into ball, rest for another 10 minutes.
4) Flatten the dough with roller pin and wrap with Curry fillings. Seal the opening tightly, rolls into ball and leave to proof on baking tray lined with parchment paper for 2nd proofing 45 minutes.
5) Egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 180 C for about 15-20 minutes or till golden brown