6 drumsticks and 8 mid joints chicken wings
4 pieces kaffir leave – shredded finely
2 tbsp honey
Salt to taste
1 tsp corn flour
Crispy tempura flour – for coating
2 stalks lemongrass
4 cloves garlic
1 inch galangal
1 inch ginger
1 inch turmeric
1 tbsp Chicken Curry Powder
1 tbsp Garam Masala
50 ml water
1) Clean drumstick and wings, cut a few slits on the thicker part of drumstick. Marinade with blended ingredients, egg, honey, corn flour and salt for about 4-6 hours in fridge.
2) Steamed marinated drumsticks and wings over rapidly boiling water or about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
3) Before frying, coat with crispy tempura flour and set aside to 10 minutes. Heat enough oil in a wok over medium high heat and deep fry drumsticks and wings till crispy and golden. (since there is honey, adjust the heat as it will burnt very easily).
4) Drain and serve hot with Sambal Belacan.
8-10 chicken drumsticks (clean and make a 2-3 slits on the thicker part of the meat)
2 sprigs curry leaves
Curry Spice Mix
2 tbsp chicken curry powder
2 tbsp fish curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chilli powder
1 box Meiji Low Fat Plain Yogurt
2 tbsp Briyani Powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Knorr Hao Chi All-In-One Seasoning Powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 tbsp Briyani Powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp baking powder
11/2 tsp salt
1) In a bowl, mix the curry spices together well , put them in a ziploc bag together with seasoning ingredients. Mix them well and put in the drumsticks. Combine them well and marinate them in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
2) Meanwhile, in a big mixing bowl, whisk the flour mixture together. Remove the chicken from the marinade and let the excess marinade drip off. Dredge the drumsticks in flour mixture pressing with your hands to make a thick layer of coating and gently shake off the excess flour. Rest the chicken for 10 minutes.
3) Heat enough oil in a wok and add in curry leaves, deep fry the drumsticks till crispy and cook through. Drained on kitchen paper towel.
4) Transfer to serving plate and serve hot.
1 chicken/5 chicken legs – clean and cut to your prefer size
3 sprigs curry leaves
Enough oil for deep frying
Corn flour for coating
Pounded Coarsely Ingredients
2 inch ginger
2 inch galangal
2 inch fresh turmeric
3 cloves garlic
5 stalks lemongrass
11/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp fennel powder
2 tbsp meat curry powder
2 tbsp chilli paste (add more if you want more spicy) (I am using w/o vinegar added to the paste)
Salt to taste
1) Mix pounded ingredients powder ingredients, chilli paste and salt in a mixing bowl. Add in chicken pieces and stir to mix well. Leave to marinade in fridge for at least 4-6 hours.
Just before frying, shake off excess spices from chicken pieces and coat with corn flour.
2) Heat enough oil in wok till hot, add in curry leaves and deep fry chicken till crispy and cooked through. Drain and set aside.
3) Use 1 tbsp of oil (from frying the chicken) and saute the leftover spices till aromatic, dried and crisp. Season with 1 tsp of sugar, stir to mix well. Add in the fried chicken and toss briefly to combine well with the spices.
4) Dish out and serve hot.
6 pieces batang/tenggiri fish slices
4 pieces chicken breast meat – flatten with a meat mallet
11/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp red chilli powder
11/2 tsp fennel powder
11/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Knorr All seasoning powder
2 tbsp tamarind paste (mixed with 3 tbsp water)
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp masala powder
1 sprig curry leave – chopped finely
1) Marinade fish and chicken with seasoning ingredients and leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
2) Heat enough oil on the base of a pan and cook over medium heat on both sides till fish and chicken are cooked and crisp on the outside.
3) Use a kitchen towel to blot off excess oil. Serve hot.