Chicken Curry Gravy
1 grated coconut
1 tbsp gula melaka
Salt and sugar to taste
4 potatoes – boiled till half-cooked and quartered
10 pieces small square tau pok
1/2 packet desiccated coconut
2 slices dried tamarind
Chicken mixed spice (50 cts) – bought from Indian stall in market
1 sprigs curry leaf
4 pieces kaffir leaves
2 stalks lemon grass – bruised
Blended Ingredients (finely)
3 cloves garlics
2 stalks lemon grass
11/2 inch galangal
1 inch turmeric
4 pieces candle nuts
1/2 inch ginger
15 dried chillies – soaked till soft and drained
A handfull of dried shrimp – soaked till soft
50 ml water
1 tbsp oil
1 chicken cube
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 packet San Remo Vermicelli
300 g bean sprouts – blanched
Fried fish ball (optional)
Hard boil egg – halved
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp abalone sauce
2 tbsp water
1) Washed drumsticks , drained and halves. Marinade with 1 tsp each of salt, sugar and corn flour. Set aside.
2) Squeeze coconut for 200 ml No. 1 milk and 200 ml water to same coconut and squeeze again for No. 2 milk.
3) Heat oil in a wok and saute blended ingredients with mixed spice, curry leaves, kaffir leaves and lemongrass till fragrant and oil seeps through. Put in chicken pieces and No. 2 milk. Cook over moderately high heat for 10 minutes, stir to prevent burning.
4) Add 1/2 of No.1 milk, tamarind piece, gula melaka, tau pok and potatoes. Stir and cooked uncovered over moderate heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender, potatoes is cooked and gravy begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low , add remaining No. 1 milk desiccated coconut and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes till gravy is thick. Season with salt, and sugar (please taste accordingly). Remove from heat.
1) Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat, cook vermicelli according to packet instructions.
2) Stir noodle in a bowl of prepared sauce mixture.
3) Transfer to a serving plate, garnished with bean sprouts, fish ball, fish cake, egg, potato and chicken. Ladle the curry gravy over it and serve hot with a small bowl of curry gravy. Repeat process with other servings.
300 -450 g Spaghetti -(cooked accordingly to packet instructions.)
10 medium prawns – (deveined)
4 fresh salted egg yolk – steamed and mashed roughly)
4 tbsp Knorr Salted Egg Powder
3 cloves garlic – minced finely
45 g butter
1 sprig curry leave – use the leaves only
4 small chilli padi – sliced thinly
500 ml evporated milk – add more if want more gravy
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp toasted Nestum cereal
3 tbsp corn flour
1/2 egg – lightly beaten
1/2 tsp sugat
A pinch of pepper
Oil for frying
1) Marinade prawns with seasoning and set aside for 20 minutes.
2) Heat oil in frying pan and pan fry until just done. Remove from pan.
3) Heat wok with 1 tbsp oil , add in garlic and butter and saute till butter melted and aromatic.
4) Add in curry leaves, mashed egg yolk, egg yolk powder, stir to combine. Add in evaporated milk sugar and salt to taste. Stir till creamy, off heat and add in sliced chilli padi.
5) Add spaghetti and prawns to the creamy sauce and stir well so that pasta and prawns are completely coated.
6) Serve immediately and topped with toasted Nestum cereal.
1 packet San Remo Spaghetti/Vermicelli
200 g fresh white button mushroom – sliced
12 big prawns – peeled, deveined and with tail intact
150 g chicken breast meat – sliced (season with salt and corn flour)
1/2 big onion – diced
12 cloves garlics – minced
5 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
6-8 tbsp fresh milk
Chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
sliced chilli padi or 1 tbsp chilli flakes
Salt to taste
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done (ala dente).
Scald the prawns and chicken till just cook, drain and set aside. Reserve a few tbsp of pasta water for later use.
2) Heat wok with olive oil over medium heat and fry minced garlics till fragrant and lightly brown. Dish 1/2 of it and reserve it for garnishing later.
3) Add in onion and saute till transparent and add in sliced mushroom and salt to taste and cook until mushroom exude liquid evaporates and mushroom begins to brown.
4) Drain the pasta and toss it into the mushroom mixture together with the chilli padi, blanched prawns, chicken meat, and pepper. Drizzle in 6 tbsp of milk or pasta water and using a pair of chopstick to mix well.
5) Turn off heat and lastly add in the butter and toss well. Garnish with reserve crispy garlics and parsely. Serve immediately and topped with a piece of chicken chop (optional)
4 pieces chicken breast meat – cut into thin strips/shredded
Salt, pepper and corn flour
1 bottle Prego Italian mushroom sauce (396 g)
1 big onion – chopped coarsely
2 clove garlics – slice thinly
Italian Seasoning (McCormick)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive
2 packets tortilla wraps
1) Marinade breast meat with salt, pepper and cornflour for 20 minutes. Pan fried till almost golden. Set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a saucepan and saute onions till transparent, add garlics and fry till fragrant. Add Italian mushroom sauce, breast meat, a dash of Italian seasoning and stir to mix evenly. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally until all flavours have blended and season with salt.
3) Place a piece of tortilla wrap on plate, spread spaghetti sauce over tortilla wrap, tops with chicken mixture and cheese. Fold 2 outside edges over fillings, roll up like ‘popiah’ style.
4) Baked in pre-heated oven (250 C) for 30 minutes. Brush some sauce on top and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese.
5) Transfer to serving plate, cut diagonally and serve hot.
450 g minced chicken meat (marinade with 1 tsp corn flour)
1 big onion – diced
500 g San Remo Spaghetti
680 g Prego Fresh Mushroom Italian sauce
1 can button mushrooms – sliced
3 big tomatoes -diced
4 tbsp olive oil
300 g medium prawns (washed n with shell intact)
2 medium size sotong – cut into rings
Chilli Padi – minced (optional)
Some Cheese Ball and Mushroom ball (optional)
Salt and sugar to taste
Mixed Italian Herbs
1) Bring a large pot of water with some salt and oil to a boil, add spaghetti and cooked till al dente or cooked through. Drain and set aside.
2) Blanched tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes and rinse through cold water, peel the skin off and diced.
3) Heat olive oil in a wok and saute the onions till it turns transparent. Add minced chicken meat and stir-fry till it turn opaque.
4) Add prawns, sliced button mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, Italian sauce. Mix evenly and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer till prawns turns pinkish.
5) Add sotong and season with salt and sugar. Sprinkle some Italian herbs. and stir to combine mixture thoroughly. Simmer for a further 2 mins or till the sotong is cooked. ( I add in some mushrooms balls and cheese balls). Add some water if the mixture is too thick.
6) To serve, put some spaghetti in a serving plate, pour some mixtures over it and topped with minced chilli padi and parmesan cheese.