85 g rolled oats
30 g dessicated coconut
30g rice krispies
150 g roasted mixed nuts (chopped walnuts, almonds and cashew nuts)
50 g mixed dried fruits ( raisins and cranberries)
100 g Reese Peanut Butter Chips
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp unsalted butter
11/2 tbsp maple syrup
3/12 tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
11/2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
160 ml Manuka Honey
1) In a saucepan, add in combined ingredients and cook over low heat using a whisk to stir till brown sugar dissolves completely. Sieve and and add in Manuka Honey, stir to mix welland set aside.
2) Pan fry rolled oats over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, add in dessicated coconut, stir to combine well. Continue to stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the well to ensure the coconut will not get burnt.
3) I a large mixing boil, add in oats mixtures, mixed nuts, rice krispies, dried fruits and honey mixtures. Toss to mix and well combined, using a spatula.
4) Line a baking tray 7″ x 7″ with aluminium foil and lightly grease the foil with some olive oil. Pour the granola bar mixtures into the prepared tray, sprinkle the Reese Peanut Butter Chips on top and spread evenly using your hand or the back of of a spatula to press down firmly.
5) Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour or until firm. Remove paper from pan and cut large square into half, Then cut each ha;f into 6 rectangle. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wraps. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
135 g Rolled Oats
65 g desiccated coconut
200 g roasted nuts (chopped walnuts, sliced almonds and cashew nuts)
30 g Rice Krispies
3 tbsp light brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
2 tsp vanilla essence
170 ml Manuka honey
1/4 tsp salt
1) Pre heat oven to 170 C. line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Spread the oats over the prepared baking tray and toast for 7 minutes, add in coconut and mix to combine well with the oats., place back in the oven and toast for a further 6-minutes more, (Keep an eye on it towards the end, this is to ensure the coconut will not get burnt).
2) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add in combined ingredients and cook over medium heat using a whisk to stir till brown sugar is completely dissolved. Sieve it and set aside.
3) Once oat mixture is done, remove from oven and reduce heat to 150 C, In a large mixing bowl, add in oats mixture, mixed nuts, rice krispies and honey mixtures, toss to well combined,
4) Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly grease the foil with olive oil, pour the granola bar mixture into the prepared tray and spread them evenly, be careful not to press down too hard. Bake for 20 minutes (150 C).
5) Remove from oven and let it cool down completely. Place on a cutting board and using a sharp knife to cut into rectangle shape or shape to your preference.
(store in airtight container, separating layer with parchment paper or aluminium foil).
500 g peanuts
5 cloves garlic – minced finely or 1
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp sugar
3 tsp salt
5 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1) Washed peanuts, drain and sun dry for 1 day.
2) Mix all ingredients and peanuts in a bowl, mix to combine evenly.
3) Heat enough oil over medium heat and fry the coated peanuts in small batches till crisp and cooked.
4) Drained and set aside to cool completely before transferring to air-tight container.