1 kampong chicken
2 tbsp chicken rice paste
2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp corn flour
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp chinese tea leaves
1 cup rice
11/2 tbsp sugar
1 old wok
1) Split chicken by cutting through the breast, wash and drip dry. Make a deep slit to the bone along the center of the drumsticks to enable the seasonings to penetrate.
2) Rub inside and outside of the chicken with the marinade sauce. Leave aside for 2-3 hours.
3) Steam over rapidly boiling water for 20-25 minutes till just cook. Remove from steaming plate and set aside.
4) Spread smoking ingredients into an old wok. Place a rack over the mixture and spread the chicken out on the rack, skin side down. Cover and smoke chicken over low heat for 15 minutes.
5) Turn chicken over half-way through smoking, after smoking chicken should take on an even golden color.
6) Serve hot.
# For crispy version, deep fry in hot oil till crispy and golden brown.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.