8-10 duck wings
8 baby yam – peeled
1 small Schezuan Vegetable – sliced
Braised Sauce Ingredients
2 inch ginger – bruised
5 cloves garlic – bruised
1 inch galangal – bruised
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
6 dried chilli
4 pieces small rock sugar
1 tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tsp white peppercorn – crushed
2 tbsp Hua Tiao Jiu
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
125 ml light soy sauce
1 honey date
1200 ml water
1) Washed duck wings, remove any small feather, separate drumlets, mid-joint and tips.
2) Heat oil in clay pot and saute ginger, garlics, galangal, dried chillies, cinnamon stick and star anise still aromatic. Add in sauce ingredients, duck wings, szechuan vegetable, baby yam, stir to coat the sauce evenly. Covered and bring to a boil. Continue cooking on medium high heat for 10 minutes, then partially cover and simmered over low heat for another 20 – 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Turn off heat, cover the pot and let the wings soak up the flavor.
2 boxes Unicurd Extra Smooth Silken Tofu (Steaming) – cut into cubes and blanched in boiling water with 1 tsp of salt, drained and set aside
2 tbsp sichuan vegetables – diced
50 g small prawns
100 g minced chicken meat (marinade with 1 tsp corn flour and salt)
4 pieces baby corn – sliced
1 tomato – diced
3 cloves garlic – minced
2 tbsp corn flour (mixed with 4 tbsp water)
1 tbsp sesame oil
Chopped spring onions and chilli for garnishing
11/2 tbsp chilli bean paste
1/2 tbsp black bean paste
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp honey/2 small rock sugar
125 ml chicken stock
1 tbsp mushroom granule
1) Heat oil in wok and saute garlic till fragrant, add minced chicken meat, prawns and fry till opaque. Add sichuan vegetable, babyn corn and stir fry for 1 minute. Add sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer, add in tofu cube, stirring gently to coat thoroughly. Taste accordingly.
2) Thicken with cornstarch, stir in, cooking till the dish fully simmer. Drizzle in sesame oil and garnish with spring onion and chilli.