4 tubes egg tofu
16 – 18 pcs seasoned seaweed snack (nori)
Corn starch for dusting
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Vegetarian mushroom sauce
1 tsp sugar
125 ml water
1 tsp corn flour – (mixed with 11/2 tbsp water)
2 stalks spring onion – shredded
3 tbsp vegetarian lard – deep fried till crispy, drain and set aside
1) Cut each tube of tofu into 4 pieces, coat with cornstarch.
2) Dust one piece of the seaweed snack with cornflour and paste it onto moist tofu. If the seaweed is not enough to wrap around, add 1/2 piece more and wet edges if it does stick.
3) Pan fry the wrapped tofu until golden on both side. Drained and arrange on a serving plate.
4) Bring sauce ingredient to a slow boil in a clean pan for 1 minute. Thicken with corn starch. Stir to mix well and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes. Taste it and adjust to your preference. It should be nicely seasoned and a bit sweet.
5) Pour over fried seaweed tofu and topped with spring onion and crispy vegetarian lard. Serve hot.