40 g rice – washed and set aside
80 g pumpkin – peeled and cut into small cube
3 tbsp Kelloggs Instant Oatmeal
1/2 chicken cube
800 ml water
3 slices ginger – cut into strips
1 tbsp shredded carrot
1 stalk celery – cut into small pieces
Salt to taste
1 tsp light soy sauce
Dash of white pepper
1/2 tsp sesame oil
80 chicken breast meat – poached and shredded (optional)
1 tbsp crispy ikan billis (optional)
1 tbsp Kelloggs Instant Oatmeal – toasted
1) In a claypot, add in rice, water, chicken cube and cook till 1/2 cook. Add in pumpkin, celery, carrot and continue to cook till pumpkin is soft.
2) Add in Instant Oatmeal, stir to mix evenly for a while. Add in seasoning ingredients, taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Covered and bring to a slow simmer over low heat for 1 minute. (Add more water if it is too thick).
3) Ladle to a bowl and topped with shredded chicken meat, ikan billis, coriander leave and sprinkle with some toasted oatmeal.
250 g raw rice
100 g chicken breast meat/pork – minced coarsely
1000 ml chicken stock/water
1 stalk spring onion – chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp corn flour
1 small potato – peeled and cut into cube
1 small sweet potato (orange colour) peeled and cut into cube
100 g cabbage – shredded coarsely
100 g long beans – chopped
1) Marinade chicken meat
2) Bring the chicken stock/water to a boil in a claypot. Put in the rice , potato, long bean and cabbage. Bring to a boil again under high heat. Lower heat to medium-low with the pot slightly uncovered. Continue to boil until rice starts to break up.
3) Add the sweet potatoes, cover the pot and continue to cook for about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked through but still firm. Add the minced chicken meat and stir well until meat is thoroughly cooked. Stir and further break up the minced meat against the pot with the back of a ladle. Leave to cook for another 3 minutes.
4) Taste the porridge and adjust the seasoning if required. Ladle the porridge into a serving bowl and garnished with spring onions. serve hot.