4 chicken legs/breast meat – deboned and with or without skin
(marinade with some salt, pepper, sesame oil and corn flour for at least 4 hours or overnight)
6 pieces pandan leaves
4 pieces kaffir leaf – slice thinly
4 small chilli padi – sliced thinly
Diamond Baking Paper
1 tomato – sliced thinly
1/2 cucumber – cut into strips
1/2 big onion – cut into rings
Sauce Mixture (combined together)
5 pieces sour plum – seeded and cut finely
4 tbsp each – plum sauce and tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sugar
120 ml water
11/2 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
1) Bring sauce mixture to a boil until fragrant and slightly thickens. Add in shredded kaffir leaves and chilli padi.
2) Pan fry marinated chicken without oil till 1/2 cooked. Dish out and set aside.
2) Lined a baking tray with aluminium foil and place a baking paper over it.Then place the pandan leaves over it. Lay the chicken piece (skin side down) Baste with some sauce mixture.
3) Bake in pre heated oven (200 C) for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the chicken over, baste the skin side with sauce mixture and return to oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and a bit ‘charred’.
4) Remove from and serve hot with sliced tomato, ring onions, cucumber and sauce mixture.
600g la la – washed and drained
1 cup of mixed chopped coriander leaves and spring onions
4 cloves garlic
7 sliced ginger
1/2 tbsp soy bean paste
11/2 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp Lingham Chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
125 ml water
1/2 tbsp corn flour (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
Salt to taste (optional)
1) Heat up wok with oil and saute minced ingredients till aromatic, add in la la and continue to stir fry till la la opens.
2) Add in sauce ingredients and when it starts to boil and most of the lala have opened, add the pineapple and thicken with cornstarch. Adjust taste to your preference.
3) Toss briefly to ensure everything is combined evenly. Turn off heat and sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and spring onion.
4) Serve hot.
1 kampong Chicken /2-3 chicken legs
Adequate Crispy tempura flour for coating
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp each, salt and 5-spice powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp dark soy sauce
Honey Sauce Ingredients
Stock from steaming the chicken (about 450 ml)
2 tbsp honey
11/2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp plum sauce
3 salted plums – mashed and removes seeds
1 tbsp kicap manis
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Knorr All-In-One Seasoning powder
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
(Mixed together and bring to a boil in a small saucepan until sugar has dissolve. Adjust taste accordingly, it should taste tangy & sweet)
1) Cleaned chicken thoroughly and removes guts and flatten chicken by using a scissors to cut through the cavity of the neck and in between the 2 breast meat or you can halved the chicken.
2) Marinade with seasoning ingredients overnight or at least 6-8 hours. Steamed over rapidly boiling water till chicken is cooked thorough. Remove and set aside to for 20-30 minutes.(Retain the water from steaming to make sauce).
3) Once chicken is dry enough, coat with crispy tempura flour and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crispy. Drained, and set aside.
4) Cut the fried chicken into bite size and arrange on a serving plate. Pour/drizzle the prepare sauce over the chicken.
5) Serve hot.