11/2 tau kwa
100 g minced chicken meat
50 g minced fish meat
50 g minced prawns
3 dried shitake mushroom – soaked till soft and cut coarsely
1/2 carrot – chopped
1 egg white
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp each – salt & sugar
pinch of pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
Mixed Flour for coating during frying
2 tbsp crispy flour
2 tbsp rice flour
1) Mashed tau kwa in a large mixing bowl, add minced meat, prawns, fish, mushrooms, carrot and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
2) Grease a chinese porcelain soup spoon with some oil, gently mould tofu paste into a shape of a pipa. With wet fingers, smoothen the surface.
3)Steam tofu for about 7 minutes, remove from steamer and drain the stock into a small pan to make stock for the vegetable.
4) Lightly coat tofu with mixed flour.(wait till the tofu has cool down). Heat oil in a wok on medium high heat and deep fry till golden brown. Drain and transfer to a serving plate.
5) Serve hot with chilli sauce or with vegetables sauce.
Assorted Vegetables Sauce Ingredients
1 tbsp each – green & red capsicum – cut into small cubes
1/2 carrot – cut into small cubes
1/2 corn kernels
2 shitake mushroom – soaked till soft- cut into small cubes
1 piece long bean – cut into small pices
2 cloves garlic – minced
Reserved sauce from the steaming
1/2 tsp each – oyster & mushroom sauce
30 ml water
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water
1) Heat wok with a tsp of oil and sauce garlics till fragrant. Add carrots, capsicums, shitake mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add corn kernels, long beans and reserved stock and water. Bring to a slow boil, season with sauce ingredients and thicken with cornstarch.
2) Drizzle sauce over tofu and serve hot.