1 block tofu – pat dried and deep fried till crispy and golden on both side
150 g minced finely chicken meat or pork
(marinade with a bit of salt, corn flour and water and set aside for 15 minutes)
2 cloves garlic – minced finely
1/2 can Narcissus Pickle Lettuce – minced coarsely
2 stalks spring onions – chopped
80 ml water
Water from 1/2 can pickle lettuce (add more if you want more)
21/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp kicap manis
1/2 tsp white pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
1) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok, add in the minced chicken meat and saute till opaque, add in minced garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
2) Add in minced pickled lettuce and sauce ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes and thicken with corn starch. Adjust thickness of gravy to your preference. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
3) Place fried tofu on a serving plate and ladle the gravy over it. Topped with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Ingredients (cut into 3 cm in length)
400 g cucumber – remove seeds
100 g carrot
100 g long beans
300 g cabbage – cut into 3 cm thick
150 g pineapple – cut into small pieces
150 g cauliflower – cut into small florets
Salt to taste
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Knorr Haochi Seasoning powder
Vinegar to taste
4 tbsps cooking oil
200 g peanuts – roasted and pounded
4 tbsp sesame seed – roasted
2 stalk bunga kantan – sliced finely
100 g dried chillies – soaked till soft
3 fresh red chillies
3 cloves garlic
2 inch yellow ginger (turmeric)
2 inch galangal
3 pieces candlenuts
3 stalks lemongrass
2 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked till soft)
Ingredients for blanching vegetables
1000 ml water
350 ml white vinegar
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1) Bring ingredients for blanching vegetables to a rapid boil. Blanch all the vegetables, one type at a time for 3 secs for the cabbage and 10 seconds for the rest of the vegetables. Drained and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok and saute till fragrant and oil separates. Season with seasoning ingredients. Bring to a boil and add 50 g peanuts and 1 stalk bunga kantan. Stir and mix evenly. Set aside to cool completely.
3) Add in all the vegetables and stir to mix well. Add the rest of the peanuts and sesame seed. Sprinkle the balance of the bunga kantan on top.