170 g sweet potato (orange type)
11/2 tbsp maple syrup
240 g Hong Kong flour
1 tsp baking powder
20 g shortening
1 tsp Instant Yeast granules
100 ml water
1 piece grease proof paper (cut into 2 inches squares, brush some shortening on papers)
1) Peeled and cut sweet potatoes into small pieces. Steam till cooked and mash whilst hot. Add in maple syrup and mix evenly. Keep aside.
2) Sieve flour and baking powder on a cleab surface.Make a well in the center, add in yeast, shortening, sweet potatoes and add in water little by little.Knead dough till it is smooth and non-sticky. Cover dough to proof for about 10-20 minutes.
3) Divide dough to 14 portionsand shape into balls. Flatten each ball of dough and wrap in filling. Seal pau and place sealed surface upwards on a piece of greased greaseproof paper. Arrange on a tray, cover and proof for one hour.
4) Steam over rapidly boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.
200 g sengkuang – shredded
50 g carrot – shredded
50 g bamboo shoot – sliced thinly
1 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked till soft) – minced
2 dried mushroms (soaked till soft) – sliced thinly
100 g minced chicken meat
3 shallots – sliced thinly
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
Salt and sugar to taste
1 tsp Knorr Hao Chi All-In-One Seasoning powder
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Pinch of pepper
1/2 tsp corn flour (mixed with 1 tsp water)
Heat oil in wok and saute shallots till fragrant, add in dried shrimps and mushroom, stir fry till aromatic.
2) Add in minced meat, vegetables and sauce ingredients, stir fry well.
Arrange pau on a baking tray lined with greased parchment paper and baked in 190 C till golden and crisp.