Sutchi Fillets Marinated With Rempah Otah
5 pieces fish fillets – defrost and pat dry with kitchen paper towels.
(season with sprinkle of salt, pepper and corn flour)
5 tbsp of Rempah Otah (home-made)
Flour Coating Mixture (adequate amount)
Crispy tempura flour
1/2 tsp salt
Oil for deep frying
2 eggs – lightly beaten
1) Season the fish fillets with rempah otah and wrap it up with cling wrap and put in the fridge and take out when it is time to fry.
2) Just before frying, egg wash fish fillets and coat with flour coating mixtures.Leave aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat enough oil in wok till hot and deep fry till crispy and golden brown.
3) Drain well and serve with toppings and Sambal Belacan.
5 chicken legs – deboned and trimmed away excess fat
(rub with a bit of salt and corn flour)
5 pieces banana leaf
1 cup of basil/kaduk leaves
5 pieces kaffir leaves – sliced finely
1 piece turmeric leaf – sliced thinly
2 eggs – beaten lightly
1 tbsp gula melaka
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp chicken seasoning powder
1/2 tsp sugar
Blended Ingredients (blended into a paste)
15-20 dried chillies (soaked in hot water till soft)
4 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemongrass -white part only
2 inch galangal
1 inch ginger
2 inch turmeric
3 fresh red chillies
250 ml coconut milk
1) In a mixing bowl, add in blended ingredients and seasoning ingredients. Stir to mix well. Adjust taste to your preference.
2) Heat oil in a wok and saute (1) till aromatic and oil separates and thickened. Off heat and set aside to cool down.
3) Place a few pieces of basil/kaduk leave on the banana leaf, place the chicken leg over it. Spread some fried rempah on the chicken legs and wrapped it up. Grilled/baked in pre heated oven till chicken is cooked through. (You can also steamed it.)
4) Serve hot.
1/2 packet Muar Otah – cut into big chunks
3 eggs -lightly beaten
1 tsp corn flour
A dash of white pepper
1 tsp of water
1 tbsp oil
1 stalk coriander leaf – chopped
1) Season beaten eggs with pepper, water and corn flour. Add otah chunks.
2) Heat oil in a non-stick pan till hot. Pour the egg mixtures and cook over low heat until slightly brown. Turn over and cook the other side until slightly brown.
3) Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot. Top with some coriander leaves.
250 g batang fish/ikan tenggiri, cut into thin slices
200 g shelled prawns – coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
15 dried chillies
4 cloves garlic
4 stalk lemon grass
4 slices galangal
21/2 cm turmeric
2 cm square belacan – toasted
7 buah keras
1 tbsp peppercorns
2 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp salt
11/2 tbsp corn flour
10 pcs daun limau purut (lime leaves) sliced finely
11/2 coconut (11/4 cup santan)
20 daun kaduk
1 piece turmeric leaf – slice finely
20 pcs basil leave
1) Season fish and prawns with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
2) Combine blended ingredients with eggs, coconut milk, salt, sliced limau purut, turmeric leaf, seasoned fish and prawns. Mix well (Do not beat mixtures).
3) Line the muffin cups or heat-proof plate with banana leaf. Grease with a bit of oil, place the base of the cups or plate with kaduk leaves, basil leaves , carefully ladle the mixtures over it.
4) Steamed over rapidly boiling water for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.
**You can also baked in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown.***