Makes about 12 rolls
Beancurd sheet, large size, 2 sheets
400 g Minced chicken thigh meat
300 g Whole shrimp, cut into small pieces
4 pieces dried scallops – soaked in water till soft and shredded
2 tbsp crab meat
1 stalk spring onions – cut finely
1 eggs – beaten lightly
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp minced garlic
10 pieces fresh water chestnut – chopped finely
1/2 carrot – minced coarsely
Seasoning for filling:
Salt to taste
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp mushroom granules
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 egg – beaten
1. Prepare filling. Place filling ingredients with 1 whole egg and seasonings in large bowl. Mix well and adjust taste to you preference. Set aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Prepare beancurd sheet for rolling. Wipe both sides of beancurd sheets with wet cloth to remove excess salt. Fold and cut into smaller pieces. (about 8″ x 8 “)
3. Prepare to wrap. Brushed 4 corners of beancurd sheets with beaten eggs and place around 4 tbsp filling on each prepared beancurd sheet. There is options to leave the 2 ends of roll open or seal with filling.
4. Steam the rolls over high heat for 10 mins. Allow steamed rolls to cool to room temperature before proceed to next step.
5. Excess rolls can be stored in freezer at this stage. To serve, frozen rolls to thaw thoroughly before deep fry in 2 manner:
(a) Cut each roll into small sections and deep fry till golden brown.
(b) Deep fry whole roll till golden brown, then cut each into smaller pieces.