2 packets Yau Mak Chye – washed and cut into 3 sections
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 tbsp wolfberry
2 tbsp crispy vegan lards/pork lard
1 tbsp corn flour (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
1 tbsp mushroom sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp mushroom granules
50 ml water
Salt to taste
1) Bring a pot of water with salt, sugar and oil to a boil. Blanched the vegetables for 1 minute and transfer to running cold water for 1 sec. Drained and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok and saute minced garlic till fragrant. Add in vegetable and toss quickly over high heat. Add sauce ingredients and stir to mix well. Thickened with corn starch.
3) Transfer to serving plate and topped with wolfberry and vegan lard.
4 tubes egg tofu
16 – 18 pcs seasoned seaweed snack (nori)
Corn starch for dusting
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Vegetarian mushroom sauce
1 tsp sugar
125 ml water
1 tsp corn flour – (mixed with 11/2 tbsp water)
2 stalks spring onion – shredded
3 tbsp vegetarian lard – deep fried till crispy, drain and set aside
1) Cut each tube of tofu into 4 pieces, coat with cornstarch.
2) Dust one piece of the seaweed snack with cornflour and paste it onto moist tofu. If the seaweed is not enough to wrap around, add 1/2 piece more and wet edges if it does stick.
3) Pan fry the wrapped tofu until golden on both side. Drained and arrange on a serving plate.
4) Bring sauce ingredient to a slow boil in a clean pan for 1 minute. Thicken with corn starch. Stir to mix well and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes. Taste it and adjust to your preference. It should be nicely seasoned and a bit sweet.
5) Pour over fried seaweed tofu and topped with spring onion and crispy vegetarian lard. Serve hot.