1 kg fresh clams (La La)- washed and soaked in salt water for 20 minutes, drained and set aside
2 stalks lemongrass
3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked till soft)
15 dried chilli (soaked till soft)
1 inch galangal
1/2 inch ginger
1 tbsp oil
50 ml water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp chicken powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp corn flour (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute blended ingredients till aromatic and stir fry till oil separates. Add in seasoning ingredients and stir to combine well.
2) Add in the clams, stir to mix evenly, cover and simmer over low heat till all the clams have opened. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Thickened with cornstarch and stir to combine well.
3) Squeeze a lime juice over it and give it a quick toss to combine the sauce and clams well. Dish out to serving plate and serve hot.
400 g la la (washed and set aside)
5 pieces kaffir leaves
2 stalks lemongrass – bruised
1 tomato – quartered
4 chilli padi – bruised
2 tbsp tom yam paste
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp corn flour (mixed with 1 tbsp water)
Salt and sugar to taste
80 ml water
4 cloves garlic
2 inch galangal
1 big onion
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute sliced ingredients till fragrant, add lemongrass, tom yam paste and water, stir and bring to a boil.
2) Add lala, chilli padi, kaffir leaves, sugar and salt to taste. Taste accordingly. Stir to mix and cook for a while (lala starts to open up). Lastly add tomato and cornstarch and toss briskly for 2 minutes.
3) Serve hot with steamed rice.
800 g lala -soaked with a bit of salt for 10 minutes, rinsed and drained
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 handful of basil leave (jiu chen tak)
1 stalk spring onion – chopped
1 red chilli – sliced
4 tbsp oil
2 tsp corn flour – mixed with 2 tbsp water
Minced Ingredients (finely)
3 cloves garlic
5 slices ginger
2 tbsp dried shrimps (soaked till soft)
Sauce Ingredients (combined)
1 tsp Kicap manis
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp fish curry powder
1/2 tbsp soy bean paste
50 ml water (or more)
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute minced ingredients, curry leaves and soy bean paste till aromatic and oil seeps through. Add in lala and stir-fry to mix for 1 minute.
2) Pour in the sauce ingredients, stir and mix all together. Cook till lala opens up. Add in the basil leaves and thicken with cornflour mixture.
3) Transfer to serving plate and serve hot sprinkled with chopped spring onions and chillies.
*** If you want more spicy, add in some minced chilli padi.