120 g Prima Taste Premium Non-Fried Noodle (La Mian)
(cook according to the instruction on the packet)
1 stalk bunga kantan – sliced finely (divide into 2 parts)
2 garlics- minced
3 shallots – sliced
1 stalks lemongrass – sliced finely
1/2 cup dried shrimps – soaked till soft and chopped finely
30 g Tom Yum paste
1/2 can sardines/ikan kembong – mashed roughly
2 tbsp toasted belacan
2 tbsp ‘hae ko’ (prawn paste)
juice from 5 limes or 100 ml assam water
1 tbsp chicken powder
200 ml water
4 tbsp oil
1/2 stalk bunga kantan – minced
1 big red onion – sliced in rings
1 small stalk lettuce – shredded
1/2 cucumber- julienned
1 red chiili – julienned in thin strips
6 chilli padi – cut finely
6 daun kesom – shredded
a handful of mint leaves
1) Heat oil in a wok and add garlics, shallots and dried shrimps. Saute until lightly browned and aromatic. Add tom yam paste, water and belacan, stirring well to mix.
2) Add hae ko and water, season with chicken powder, stir and mix well.
3) Add in La Mian, sardines/ikan kembong and stir with a ladle and a pair of chop sticks. Add the lemongrass, 1/2 of sliced bunga kantan and lime juice. Add salt if necessary.
4) Arrange lettuce on a large plate, ladle the noodles over the lettuce and top with all the remaining garnish. Serve with calamansi on the side.
(serve 2-3 pax)
120 g Prima La Mian (Non-Fried Noodle)
1 stalk spring onion – finely chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
100 g minced chicken meat – marinade with a bit of salt and corn flour
(make in small ball)
2 big tomato – cut into big chunks
1/4 carrot – sliced thinly
3 eggs – lightly beaten
1200 ml ikan billis broth – boil water with a handful of dried ikan billis and 2 pieces chicken bones/ 1 packet chicken broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp each – oyster and abalone sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1) Heat a non stick pot with oil and saute garlic till fragrant, add in chopped tomatoes and stir fry till soft, add in 1/2 of the beaten eggs and stir to mix well with the tomatoes.
2) Add in stock and sauce ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
3) While the soup is simmering, bring about 750 ml water in a pot to boil, add in the La Mian and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain the noodles well and add into the soup together with the meat ball and carrot. Turn up the heat and let the soup come to a boil, add in the remaining beaten egg. Turn off the heat.
4) Ladle the soup and La Mian to serving boil, sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve with Garlic Vinegar sauce and Chili padi soy sauce.