300 g Hor Fun (flat kuey Teow)
1 sprig curry leave – use the leaf only
3 small chilli padi – slice finely
2 cloves garlic – minced finely
1 egg – lightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp corn flour
3 fresh salted egg yolks – steamed and mashed
3 tbsp Knorr Golden Egg powder
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp Nestum Cereal
50 ml water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
1) Marinade Hor Fun with seasoning ingredients and leave aside for 10 minutes.
2) Heat enough oil in a wok and deep fry marinaded Hor Fun in small batch till finish. Reheat oil and deep fry till golden and crispy, Drain on paper towel and set aside.
3) Heat oil and butter in a clean wok, add in minced garlic, curry leaves and chilli padi. Saute till aromatic, add in mashed salted egg, egg powder and stir fry till bubbly forms. Add in nestum cereal, milk powder and stir to combine well over low heat for 1 minute.
4) add in sugar and salt to taste. Stir to combine well and add in water, simmer over low heat till sauce thicken, add in the crispy Hor Fun, toss briskly to combine well with the sauce.
5) Serve immediately.
Braised Mushrooms & Shredded Chicken Meat Hor Fun
Braised Mushrooms, Shredded Chicken Meat & Chicken Feet
1.5 kg Hor Fun
2 pieces chicken breast meat
Braised Chicken feet (optional)
A bunch of chye sim
8 hard boiled shelled eggs
Crispy Fried Shallots
150 g bean sprouts
6-7 dried shitake mushrooms – soaked till soft
1500 ml chicken/vegetable stocks
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp each – oyster and abalone sauce
1 tsp 5-spice powder
1 tsp coarsely crush peppercorns
1 inch galangal- bruised
5 cloves garlic- bruised
3 shallots – bruised
1 stalk lemon grass – bruised
1 tsp sesame oil
3 small rock sugar
Salt to taste
Potato starch for thickening
1) Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients together and bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens. Add in the hard boiled egg and stir to mix with the gravy.
Take out the mushrooms and sliced it.
2) Season chicken breast meat with pinch of salt, pepper and corn flour. Poach in boiling water till cooked through, set aside to cool completely and shredded it.
3) Blanched the chye sim a wok with oil and salted boiling for 1 minute, drained and soaked in cold water. Use the same pot of water to blanch the Hor fun and bean sprouts for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and dish them out to individual serving plate.
4) Ladle the gravy over it and arrange the shredded chicken, mushrooms, chye sim, egg & chicken feet on top. Serve hot with crispy shallots and sambal belacan on the side.