135 g Rolled Oats
65 g desiccated coconut
200 g roasted nuts (chopped walnuts, sliced almonds and cashew nuts)
30 g Rice Krispies
3 tbsp light brown sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
2 tsp vanilla essence
170 ml Manuka honey
1/4 tsp salt
1) Pre heat oven to 170 C. line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Spread the oats over the prepared baking tray and toast for 7 minutes, add in coconut and mix to combine well with the oats., place back in the oven and toast for a further 6-minutes more, (Keep an eye on it towards the end, this is to ensure the coconut will not get burnt).
2) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add in combined ingredients and cook over medium heat using a whisk to stir till brown sugar is completely dissolved. Sieve it and set aside.
3) Once oat mixture is done, remove from oven and reduce heat to 150 C, In a large mixing bowl, add in oats mixture, mixed nuts, rice krispies and honey mixtures, toss to well combined,
4) Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and lightly grease the foil with olive oil, pour the granola bar mixture into the prepared tray and spread them evenly, be careful not to press down too hard. Bake for 20 minutes (150 C).
5) Remove from oven and let it cool down completely. Place on a cutting board and using a sharp knife to cut into rectangle shape or shape to your preference.
(store in airtight container, separating layer with parchment paper or aluminium foil).