85 g rolled oats
30 g dessicated coconut
30g rice krispies
150 g roasted mixed nuts (chopped walnuts, almonds and cashew nuts)
50 g mixed dried fruits ( raisins and cranberries)
100 g Reese Peanut Butter Chips
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp unsalted butter
11/2 tbsp maple syrup
3/12 tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla essence
11/2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
160 ml Manuka Honey
1) In a saucepan, add in combined ingredients and cook over low heat using a whisk to stir till brown sugar dissolves completely. Sieve and and add in Manuka Honey, stir to mix welland set aside.
2) Pan fry rolled oats over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, add in dessicated coconut, stir to combine well. Continue to stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the well to ensure the coconut will not get burnt.
3) I a large mixing boil, add in oats mixtures, mixed nuts, rice krispies, dried fruits and honey mixtures. Toss to mix and well combined, using a spatula.
4) Line a baking tray 7″ x 7″ with aluminium foil and lightly grease the foil with some olive oil. Pour the granola bar mixtures into the prepared tray, sprinkle the Reese Peanut Butter Chips on top and spread evenly using your hand or the back of of a spatula to press down firmly.
5) Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour or until firm. Remove paper from pan and cut large square into half, Then cut each ha;f into 6 rectangle. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wraps. Store in freezer or refrigerator.