1/2 Kampong Chicken/3 whole chicken legs – chopped into bite size
2 tbsp sesame oil
– 2 tbsp red glutinous wine lees
– 1 tbsp red glutinous wine
– 3 slices ginger
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
200ml red glutinuous wine (红槽酒)
1 tbsp red glutinous wine lees (红槽)
50 ml Huiji Waist Tonic
3 small rock sugar
1 tbsp Hua Diao Jiu
1. In a bowl, marinade chicken with the marinade ingredients for 20 minutes.
2. In a heated wok, pour in sesame oil, saute ginger slices till fragrant and crispy. Remove ginger and set aside.
3. Add chicken pieces. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked on the surface.
4. Add in the seasonings and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
5. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. If you can, flip the chicken pieces halfway through the cooking time for more even cooking.
6. If you prefer a richer wine aroma, drizzle Hua Diao Jiu onto the dish upon serving. Top with crispy ginger slices and serve with white rice.
7) For soupy version, add more water.