4 Chicken Drumsticks
1 Medium Size Bitter Gourd, 500g
1 Medium Carrot, cut into chunks
8 – 10 Red Dates(红枣)
1 honey date
1/2 Tablespoon Wolfberries(枸杞)
1.5 Litres of Water
1/2 Chicken Stock Cube, optional
1. Trim the fat and remove the skin from the drumsticks, rinse and set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil, blanched the drumsticks for about 5 minutes in boiling water, removed and rinse again.
3. Add 1.5 Litres of water to the soup pot and bring it to boil.
3. While waiting for the water to boil, cut the bitter gourd length-wise into half, scraped off all the seeds and white pits in it then cut into 1″/1.5″ thick slices.
4. Place the bitter gourd slices in a big mixing bowl or so, add in 1 teaspoon of salt briefly rub it/massage together with the bitter gourd slices for a few seconds. (this is helps to reduce the bitterness of the bitter gourd)
5. Next, rinse it well and drop it into the boiling water together with all the above ingredients except the wolfberries.
6. When the soup mixture comes to boil again, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer it for about 30 – 40 minutes.
7. Add in the wolfberries in the last 5 minutes and you can season the soup with some salt or chicken stock cube to taste if you prefer.
3 strawberries (Slice )
140 ml Low Fat Strawberries Yoghurt
1 tbsp kicap manis
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Spice Ingredients (blended)
3 cloves garlic
3 pieces candlenut
4 fresh red chillies
1 inch roasted belacan
50 ml water
1) Wash drumsticks and remove any excess fats. Pat dry, make a few slits on the thicker part of the drumsticks. Season drumsticks with salt and tumeric powder for 1 hour.
2) Heat enough oil in a wok and deep fry drumstick till crisp and golden. Drain and set aside.
3) Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and add in blended ingredients and saute till fragrant and oil separates. Add in yoghurt, sauce ingredients, stir to mix well over low heat for 1 minute.
4) Add in fried drumsticks and toss briefly to well combine with the sauce. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Add in slice fresh strawberries.
5) Serve hot with rice.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
5 fresh drumsticks – washed, remove excess fats and pierce thicker parts with a forks
1/2 tsp salt
11/2 tbsp minced garlics
1 tbsp minced Chilli Padi
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 tbsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1) Marinade drumsticks with the seasoning ingredients put in a zip lock bag and left in the fridge for about 4-6 hours.
2) Lined the grill rack with aluminum foil and place the marinated drumsticks skin side up and grilled in pre heated oven 200 C for 30 minutes. Turn the drumsticks over (skin side down) and grilled for another 25 minutes.
3) For extra crispy skin, turn drumsticks again and broil for 3-5 minutes or until skin is browned and crisp.
4) Serve hot with pineapple salad.