Egg Yolks Ingredients
5 large egg yolks
30 g castor sugar
60 ml corn oil
80 ml unsweetened fresh soy milk
120 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
50 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
11/2 tbsp milo powder (sieve) dissolved 1 tbsp warm water
1/2 tsp pandan paste
1 tbsp fresh pandan juice
1) In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolk and sugar till well combined. Add in oil and soy milk, mix till incorporated.
2) Add in the flour and whisk till well combined.
3) In another mixing bowl, whisk egg white till frothy, add in cream of tartar, 1/4 of the sugar and whisk till incorporate and gradually add in the rest of the sugar and whisk till hard peak.
4) Fold in 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk mixture and gently fold till well incorporate.
5) Pour the mixed batter into the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combined and no white stripe are seen.
6) Divide the batter into 3 equal portions, Mix pandan and milo paste respectively for green and milo flavours. Keep one portion plain.
7) Fill the 21 cm chiffon mould with green on one side, milo on one side and plain batter on one side. Tap lightly on table top a few times to release air bubbles.
8) Bake in pre heated oven 165 C 45 minutes, once cooked remove from oven and invert immediately and leave to cool.
9) Remove from mould when it is cold.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.