800 g grated coarsely white carrot
1-2 dried chicken/pork sausage – diced finely
4 shitake mushroom – soaked till soft – squeezed dried and diced finely (retained the water)
11/2 tbsp dried shrimp -soaked till soft and chopped finely
4 pieces dried scallops – soaked till soft and chopped coarsely
2 tbsp sweet chai po (perserved dried radish) – optional
2 shallots – sliced finely
11/2 tbsp corn oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp chicken/mushroom powder
200 ml chicken broth
1/2 tsp white pepper
Pinch of salt
300 g rice flour
30 g corn flour
250 ml carrot juice + mushroom , dried shrimp and scallops water
300 ml chicken broth
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Makes 2 x 20 cm square trays
1) In a mixing bowl, add in flour mixtures and mix till well combined. The batter should be runny. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a non stick wok till hot, add in shallots and saute till fragrant, add chai po, chopped and minced ingredients, stir fry over high heat for about 1 minute.
3) Add in seasoning A and cook for another 1 minute and add in grated carrot and stir to mix well. Add in Ingredient B and stir to combine well. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
4) Turn heat to low and slowly pour in flour mixtures, stir quickly to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
5) Cook till mixture turns into a paste, drizzle with a bit of oil for smoother consistency.
6) Scoop the batter to a greased heatproof pan/plate/dish and steam for 40-45 minutes or until skewer /toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7) Remove from heat and let it cool completely and serve with chilli sauce. Can be eaten on its own or pan fried till crisp on both sides.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.