2 cups radish cake – cut into small cubes (pan fry till light brown on both sides)
5 cloves garlic –minced
20 gm sweet chai por – rinsed and drained
1 tbsp chilli paste
2 large eggs
50 gm beansprouts
50 gm chives– cut into 1 inch lengthwise
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1 ½ tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
½ tbsp Woh Hup Vegetarian sauce (Shitake Mushroom less salt)
1) Heat oil in a non stick wok, saute garlic and char por till fragrant, add in eggs and scramble them lightly.
2) Add in the fried radish cake before the eggs set. Toss the ingredients and add in seasoning sauce. Adjust taste to your preference.
3) Add bean sprouts and chives , stir fry to mix until cooked through.
4) Dish out and serve immediately with sambal at the side (optional).
500 g carrot cake (ready made)
3 tbsp preserved dried sweet radish (cai po) – rinsed
4 eggs – lightly beaten
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 stalk spring onion – chopped
1 red chilli – sliced
1 tbsp sambal belacan chilli (of your choice)
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp sweet soy sauce
1) Cut carrot cake into bite size of your choice.
2) Heat up pan with about 2 tbsp oil, add in carrot cake and fry till lightly brown on both side. Dish out and set aside.
3) Heat up 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, saute garlic until fragrant, add in radish (cai po) fry them until brown, add in bean sprouts, fish sauce and sweet sauce. Fry and mix all the ingredients together for 2 seconds. Add in carrot cake and briskly stir fry to mix together. Slowly pour in the egg and mix them evenly until carrot cake is coated with the egg. Fry till both sides are crisp.
4) Transfer to serving plate and topped with spring onion and chilli. Serve with sambal belacan chilli.
For the black version, add in 1 tbsp thick sauce and sweet sauce.