200 g Gnocchi
( Boiled in salted boiling water till it floats to the surface, drain and pat dry. )
A mixture of green and red capsicum – cut into cubes –
3-4 shallots – peeled and deep fry
Some canned rambutans (optional)
150 ml Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Kicap Manis
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
1) Wash Gnocchi, pat dry and deep fry till golden brown, drain and set aside.
2) Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a wok, add cut capsicums and stir fry for a second, dish out and set aside. Add in sauce ingredients, simmer over low heat till sauce thickens and caramelized.
3) Add in fried Gnocchi and briskly toss to coat evenly with the sauce.
4) Dish out to serving plate and garnish with fried shallots, capsicum and some canned rambutans. (optional).
12-15 pieces chicken drumsticks
3 tbsp garlic paste
120 g butter/margerine
6 tbsp chilli sauce
6 tbsp tomato sauce2
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp sugar
1) Melt butter in a saucepan and saute garlic till fragrant, add in the sauce ingredients and simmer over low heat till its boil. Off heat and let it cool down.
2) Add in the drumlets, stir to coat evenly. Leave aside for 20 minutes. Pour the mixture into a ziploc bag and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3) Bake/roast in oven till cooked through. Serve hot.
(Remember to baste the remaining sauce on the chicken drumlets)
1/2 kg medium or large prawns – trimmed off feelers
(fried with oil till golden, set aside)
3 stalks spring onions – washed and cut into 3 inch in lenghwise
1 stalk coriander leave – chopped
1 inch ginger
5 cloves garlic
4-5 chilli padi
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
11/2 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp black vinegar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
125 ml water
21/2 tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp seasoning powder
1 tsp corn flour
1) Heat wok with oil and saute minced ingredients till aromatic, add in sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and continue to simmer till sauce starts to thicken.
2) Add in prawns and spring onions, toss quickly on high heat and when sauce thickens,
transfer to serving plate.
3) Serve hot and garnish with coriander leave.
1 kg baby squid
1 big onion – cut into big chunks
1/2 pineapple – cut into big chunks
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
350 ml Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tsp Knor Hao Chi All-In-One-Seasoning Powder
1) Wash and dry the squid thoroughly. Coat with some corn flour. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2) Heat enough oil in the wok over medium high heat. Deep fry the baby squid till crisp and golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3) Using the same oil, deep fry onion and pineapple over high heat for 5 seconds. Drained and set aside.
4) Heat about 2 tbsp oil in wok, add the sauce ingredients, stir to mix well. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Add in the crispy squid and stir fry till the sauce caramelize and crispy.
5) Add in the fried onion and pineapple, toss to mix well. Dish out to serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seed.