115 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
80 g brown sugar
100 g Shaved gula melaka
1 large egg
3-4 ripe banana – mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
240 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
80 g chocolate chips
1) Pre heat oven to 175 C
2) Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and lay with parchment paper (make sure the parchment paper hanging over the sides of the loaf pan, this is to help to easily remove the loaf pan after baking).
3) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar till light and smooth ( for about 2 minutes).
4) Whisk the egg before adding the mashed banana and vanilla essence. Mix well.
5) Add the sieved flour (with salt, baking powder and baking soda). Mix till well combined,
6) Fold in the chocolate chips, mix till combined and pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.