4 chicken drumsticks/1/2 Kampong chicken (cut to bite size)
1 sprig coriander leaves
A handful of small black fungus (soaked in water till soft – remove hard bits)
4 pieces dried shitake mushroom (soaked till soaked and sliced)
1 tbsp wolfberries
4 slices of danggui
8 red dates – halved
Sauce Ingredients (combined together)
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp shaoxing jiu
1 tbsp ‘ang jiu’ (chinese red rice wine – optional)
2 tsp sesame oil
Dash of white pepper
50 ml chicken broth/water
7 slices ginger – shredded thinly
6 slices ginger – minced finely (to extract the juice)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tbsp corn flour
1) In a mixing bowl, marinade chicken with ginger juice, salt and corn flour for 15 minutes. Transfer to a steaming plate lined with aluminium foil.
2) Pour the sauce ingredients over the chicken, place the shredded ginger, black fungus, danggui, mushroom, red dates & wolfberries on top and mix evenly.
3) Steamed over rapidly boiling water for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
4) Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
1 block square tofu (bought from wet market) – sliced into 4 pieces
Dash of salt
Corn flour for coating
1 egg – lightly beaten
1 small can button mushrooms – sliced
1/2 cup fresh kernels
150 g minced chicken meat – season with dash of salt and corn flour
1/2 cup black fungus – minced coarsely
1 small tomato – cut into small cubes
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian mushroom sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Knorr All-In- Seasoning powder
1/2 tsp mushroom granule
Salt and sugar to taste
80 ml water
1 stalk coriander leave – coarsely chopped
1 stalk spring onion – coarsely chopped
1) Marinade tofu slices with salt and corn flour for 20 minutes. Dipped into beaten egg and deep fry till golden. Drain and set aside.
2) Reheat oil in a clean wok and saute garlic till fragrant, add minced meat and fry till opaque. Add in black fungus, kernels, button mushrooms, tomato and stir fry over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add water and sauce ingredients, cover and bring to a slow boils for 2 minutes.
3) Add in fried tofu slices and continue to simmer over low heat for 1 minute. Thicken with corn starch and the balance of beaten egg. Add spring onion, stirring carefully to mix with the sauce. Taste accordingly.
4) Dish out, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot