200 g chicken breast meat – remove skin
100 g chicken thigh – remove skin
(minced them manually or use a food processor, pulse to mince the meat. season with a bit of salt and corn flour)
50 castor sugar
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp corn oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fish sauce
1 Tbs light soy sauce
1 Tbs oyster sauce
1/2 tsp five spice powder
2 drops of Chinese rose wine
1/2 Tbs Shaoxing Jiu
1 tbsp Thai Red Meat Seasoning/ a pinch of red coloring
(Equipment needed: baking paper and a baking tray measuring 35.5cm by 25cm by 1.5cm deep.)
Glazing – 1 tbsp honey mixed with 1 tbsp oil
1) In a mixing bowl, add in the seasoning ingredients and mix well. Add in the minced meat, stir to mix till meat is well combined with the seasoning
2) Leave the chicken meat to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
3) Preheat the oven to 160 deg C. (top and bottom)
4) Line the tray with a sheet of baking paper.
5) Spread the chicken meat over the bottom of the tray. Aim for a thickness of about 5mm (thickness to your preference)
6) Place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
7). Remove from the oven. Slice the meat with a knife. Reset the oven to 220 C
14. Place the tray back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
15. Remove from the oven, turn over the bak kwa slices, brush with honey mixed with oil and bake for another 5-8 minutes.
16. Remove from oven, place on wire rack and allow to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.