- 125g salted butter，softened
- 85g icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour, sifted
- 100g ground cashew nut
- 40g custard powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten for glazing
cashew nuts for decoration (toast in oven for about 5-8 mins at 180 deg C)
- Beat butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until just combined (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in plain flour, ground cashew nut, custard powder and baking powder to form a pliable dough.
- Place dough in between 2 plastic sheets, roll into 5mm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press half or whole cashew nut on top of the cookies and glaze with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cooling rack before storing them into an airtight container.