800 g sago flour
400 ml Coconut cream
pinch of salt
250 g icing sugar
3 large egg yolks
6-8 blades pandan leaves
1) Fry sago flour with pandan leaves (cut into small pcs) on low heat until light and pandan leaves turns crispy. Leaves to cool and sieve the flour.
2) Pre heat oven to 160 C.
3) Cook 400 ml coconut cream, pinch of salt and 50 g icing sugar over low heat till sugar dissolves and set aside to cool.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks with 200 g icing sugar until white and thick.
5) Add 250 ml coconut cream, egg mixture to 600 g cooked sago flour and knead well. If the dough is too dry, adjust by adding in some of the remaining coconut cream mixture. Do this slowly, adding one spon at a time till you achieve the right consistency.
6) If too wet, add in additional cooked sago flour slowly a spoon at a time. Cover dough with a towel to keep it moist.
7) Cut the dough into shapes of your choice with cookie cutter. Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8) Bake at 160 C in a pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes or till lightly brown.
9) Remove cookies from tray and cool on a rack. Store in airtight container.