1 kampong chicken – cut to bite size and season with some turmeric powder, salt and corn flour and set aside for 30 minutes
2 potatoes – cut into small wedges
4 fresh strawberries – cut into small pieces
2 pandan leaves – knotted
2 pieces kaffir leave
3 pieces kaffir leaves – sliced thinly
270 g Strawberry Yoghurt
2 tbsp oil
3 fresh red chillies
3 small chilli padi
1/2 big red onion
3 cloves garlic
2 stalks lemongrass
1 inch turmeric
3 pieces candlenuts
2 inch blue ginger
1 small tomato
1 tbsp Kicap Manis
Salt to taste
1 tbsp iLite Cook and Bake sugar
2 tbsp gula melaka
150 ml Evaporated milk
1) Deep fry marinated chicken till golden, drain and set aside, deep fry potatoes till golden and set aside.
2) Heat 2 tbsp of the fried oil in a wok till hot, add in blended ingredients, pandan leaves and saute till oil separates.
3) Add in strawberry yoghurt, fresh strawberry, tomato ketchup, kaffir leave, mix well and add in evaporated milk, stir to mix well and bring to a simmer over low heat.
4) Add in fried chicken, potatoes, cook till gravy thickens, season with sauce ingredients, taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
5) Stir to well combined with the chicken and potatoes. Off heat and serve hot with tomato rice.