500 ml coconut milk (400 ml Kara Coconut milk with 100 ml water)
500 ml fresh unsweetened soy bean milk
13 g jelly powder
1 can cream corn
pinch of salt
50 g shaved gula melaka
100 g castor sugar
200 g custard powder
1 tsp butter
1) In a deep pot, add in soy milk, sugar, gula melaka, jelly powder, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer till sugar dissolved completely. Sieve it. Transfer to a clean pot.
2) Add custard powder to coconut milk and sieve it.
3) Bring soy milk mixture to a boil, add in cream corn, salt, stir to well mix and slowly pour in the coconut milk mixture, stirring all the while over low heat. Add in butter and continue to stir till custard is cooked.
4) Spoon to your desired mould or pour to loaf pan or square pan.
5) Let it set completely and chilled it in the fridge before serving.
150 g rice flour
12 g wheat starch
12 g cornflour
½ tsp salt
2 tsp oil
300 ml room temperature water
400 ml boiling water
150 g chopped chai poh
3 cloves garlic, peel and chop roughly
3 small onions, slice thinly
1 tbsp dried shrimp – soaked in hot water till soft and chopped roughly
¼ tsp dark soya sauce
120 ml vegetable oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
1) Blend rice flour, wheat starch, corn flour and salt with 300 ml water till smooth. Pour in 400 ml boiling water, mix well and pour into greased small swee kueh cups. Arrange cups on steamer tray and steam over high heat for 15- 20 minutes. Remove and let it cool.
2) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, stir fry garlics, onions and dried shrimps till fragrant. Add in chopped chai poh along with seasoning. Stir fry till fragrant and well mixed. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference.
3) Serve chwee kueh topped with radish toppings and sambal at the sides.