120 g black glutinous rice
150 g white glutinous rice
150 ml coconut milk with 100 ml water
3 pandan leaves
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
90 g rice flour
100 g castor sugar
60 g gula melaka
350 ml water with 100 ml thick pandan water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp green coloring (optional)
1) Soak glutinous rice n black glutinous rice for at least 3-4 hours. Drain,
2) Steam the rice with pandan leaves and salt for abt 15-20 minutes or till tender. Remove from heat and add in coconut milk. Mix well with a wooden chopstick.
3) Transfer back to heat and steam for a further 20 minutes or till cooked.
4) Lay a banana leaf on the bottom of a 7 ” x 7″ square pan. Put steamed rice in the pan and press down firmly with a banana leaf on top to compact it. Return back to steamer and steam for another 5-8 minutes. (the bottom layer has to be hot when the top layer is poured on).
5) Beat eggs lightly with a fork and mix in rice flour. Strain.
6) Cook coconut milk, pandan water, sugar, salt and green coloring (optional)over low heat , keep stirring and add in the egg mixtures. Stir continuously over low heat until mixture thickens. Pour the mixtures over to the steamed rice slowly. Steam for a further 20-25 minutes or until set.
7) Cool the kueh before cutting.