2 pieces chicken breast meat – slice thinly
(season with a bit of salt, black pepper, oil and corn flour for 20 minutes)
2 stalks spring onions – cut into 3 inch in lengthwise
1 fresh red chilli – slice
1 big bombay onion – slice
2 cloves garlice – minch
Black Pepper Sauce
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp pounded coarsely black peppercorn
1/2 tbsp corn flour
120 ml water
Salt to taste
1) Heat oil in wok and saute onions and garlic till fragrant. Add in slice chicken meat and saute till meat is opaque, remove from heat and set aside.
2) Bring sauce to a boil and add in the chicken meat, toss to mix well, add in spring onions and chilli, stir fry for 15 seconds and dish out.
120 g black glutinous rice
150 g white glutinous rice
150 ml coconut milk with 100 ml water
3 pandan leaves
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
90 g rice flour
100 g castor sugar
60 g gula melaka
350 ml water with 100 ml thick pandan water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp green coloring (optional)
1) Soak glutinous rice n black glutinous rice for at least 3-4 hours. Drain,
2) Steam the rice with pandan leaves and salt for abt 15-20 minutes or till tender. Remove from heat and add in coconut milk. Mix well with a wooden chopstick.
3) Transfer back to heat and steam for a further 20 minutes or till cooked.
4) Lay a banana leaf on the bottom of a 7 ” x 7″ square pan. Put steamed rice in the pan and press down firmly with a banana leaf on top to compact it. Return back to steamer and steam for another 5-8 minutes. (the bottom layer has to be hot when the top layer is poured on).
5) Beat eggs lightly with a fork and mix in rice flour. Strain.
6) Cook coconut milk, pandan water, sugar, salt and green coloring (optional)over low heat , keep stirring and add in the egg mixtures. Stir continuously over low heat until mixture thickens. Pour the mixtures over to the steamed rice slowly. Steam for a further 20-25 minutes or until set.
7) Cool the kueh before cutting.
115 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
80 g brown sugar
100 g Shaved gula melaka
1 large egg
3-4 ripe banana – mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
240 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
80 g chocolate chips
1) Pre heat oven to 175 C
2) Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and lay with parchment paper (make sure the parchment paper hanging over the sides of the loaf pan, this is to help to easily remove the loaf pan after baking).
3) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar till light and smooth ( for about 2 minutes).
4) Whisk the egg before adding the mashed banana and vanilla essence. Mix well.
5) Add the sieved flour (with salt, baking powder and baking soda). Mix till well combined,
6) Fold in the chocolate chips, mix till combined and pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.