220 g All purpose/plain flour
120 g castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
40 ml Ribena BlackCurrent Fruit drink
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp custard powder
100 g butter
1 tsp purple and red coloring
4-5 tbsp blackcurrent jam
1) In a bowl, sift flour, custard powder and milk powder, baking powder and salt 2 times, set aside.
2) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add in egg and vanilla essence and continue to beat till well mixed.
3) Add in flour and ribena fruit juice alternatively, mix till well combined and its ready when the final mixture comes together. Divide into 2 portion, mix purple color on one portion and red on 2nd portions.
4) Wrap the dough with a clingwrap. Transfer to chiller to rest the dough for at least an hour or preferably overnight to firm up.
5) Pre heat the oven to 170 C for about 15 minutes. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
6) Remove the dough from the chiller, combine and Flatten dough and mould them into shapes of your choice using a cookie cutter. Place 1/2 tsp of jam onto the dough. Brush egg wash (a mixture of 1 egg and 1 tsp of water) on the surface of the tarts.
7) Bake for 20 minutes and remember to cool it completely on the tray before transferring to the wire rack.
8) Keep in air-tight container once it has completely cooled down.
Makes about 12 rolls
Beancurd sheet, large size, 2 sheets
400 g Minced chicken thigh meat
300 g Whole shrimp, cut into small pieces
4 pieces dried scallops – soaked in water till soft and shredded
2 tbsp crab meat
1 stalk spring onions – cut finely
1 eggs – beaten lightly
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp minced garlic
10 pieces fresh water chestnut – chopped finely
1/2 carrot – minced coarsely
Seasoning for filling:
Salt to taste
1 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp mushroom granules
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 egg – beaten
1. Prepare filling. Place filling ingredients with 1 whole egg and seasonings in large bowl. Mix well and adjust taste to you preference. Set aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. Prepare beancurd sheet for rolling. Wipe both sides of beancurd sheets with wet cloth to remove excess salt. Fold and cut into smaller pieces. (about 8″ x 8 “)
3. Prepare to wrap. Brushed 4 corners of beancurd sheets with beaten eggs and place around 4 tbsp filling on each prepared beancurd sheet. There is options to leave the 2 ends of roll open or seal with filling.
4. Steam the rolls over high heat for 10 mins. Allow steamed rolls to cool to room temperature before proceed to next step.
5. Excess rolls can be stored in freezer at this stage. To serve, frozen rolls to thaw thoroughly before deep fry in 2 manner:
(a) Cut each roll into small sections and deep fry till golden brown.
(b) Deep fry whole roll till golden brown, then cut each into smaller pieces.
120 g unsalted butter
60 g icing sugar
180 g plain flour
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
Some icing sugar for garnishing
1) Pre heat oven to 170 C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
2) Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and continue to beat till creamy.
3) Add in remaining ingredients and mix into a soft dough.
4) Fill the soft dough into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle and pipe out flower shapes of your choice on the baking tray.
5) Bake in pre heated oven for 15-18 minutes or till golden brown. Remove and leave to cool before storing,
6) Sprinkle with a little icing sugar before serving.