12 chicken wings – washed and deboned
Adequate crispy tempura flour for coating
300 g prawn meats (minced)
5 water chestnuts (Chopped)
1 carrot (shredded)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 stalk parsley (Chopped)
1 tsp chicken powder
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix ingredients for fillings in a bowl, add seasoning and marinade for 30 minutes
2) Stuff the mixture into chicken wings.
3) Coat chicken wings with crispy tempura flour and set aside for 10 minutes. Deep fry in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Drain well.
4) Serve hot with Sambal Belacan, tomato sauce or chilli sauce.
150 g spinach
100 g fresh shimeji mushroom
Bean curd Ingredients
900 unsweetened soy bean milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mushroom powder
3 tbsp shredded thinly spinach
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp corn flour
Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
300 ml mushroom stock
1 tbsp vegetarian mushroom sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
1) Mixed bean curd ingredients in a deep bowl (Sieve the egg mixture before adding the shredded spinach) pour into a rectangle container, cover with lid, steam over rapidly boiling water for 25 minutes, remove from steamer and let it cool down. Cut into squares and set aside.
2) Pan fry the soy bean curd till golden on both sides. Set aside.
3) Blanch spinach and shimeji mushroom in boiling water with oil and a bit of salt. Drain well and place on a plate. Place the fried bean curd on top.
4) Bring mushroom sauce to boil in a saucepan, taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Pour the sauce over the beancurd, spinach and shimeji mushroom. Garnish with some wolfberries (optional).
5) Serve hot.
1/2 chicken or 600 g chicken – clean, washed and cut into prefer size.
3 tbsp ginger juice (pounded some ginger and squeeze for the juice)
1 tbsp Sao Xing wine or Hua Tiao jiu
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
Adequate oil for deep frying
Tangy Ginger Sauce Ingredients
200 g shredded ginger – deep fry till crispy
5 chilli padi – minced (optional)
120 ml water
White vinegar to taste
20 g sugar
2 tbsp honey
Salt to taste
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp chilli sauce
1) In a bowl, add chicken and marinade ingredients and marinade for 1 hour.
2) Heat wok with oil till hot, deep fry chicken pieces till crispy and golden brown, drained and set aside.
3) Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok and add in sauce ingredients, bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer till sauce thicken, add in chicken pieces and toss to mix well with the sauce.
4) Dish out and garnish with crsipy shredded ginger.