500 g pumpkin ( washed, skinned, grated 250 g and cut into thin shreds 250g)
420 g rice flour, 50 g tapioca flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1300 ml water
150 g minced chicken meat
60 g minced dried shrimp (soaked till soft)
4 dried shitake mushroom (soaked in water till soft) diced
3 shallots – sliced thinly
5 dried scallops (soaked till soft and shredded) – optional
3 tbsp corn oil
1 tbsp salt (adjust to your preference)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cube chicken stock
1) Combine ingredients B together and strain.
2) Heat up a wok with oil and saute shallots, dried shrimps, mushrooms, scallops and chicken meat till aromatic. Add in grated and cut into strips pumpkin. Stir to mix well and add in seasoning sauce.
3) Bring to a boil and simmer over heat for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in No. 1, cook till mixtures thickens, ladle into square baking tray/loaf pan lined with plastic sheet.
4) Steam over medium heat for 30-35 minutes, when skewer insert comes out clean, it’s cooked.
5) Let kueh cool completely before cutting into slices.