Ingredients for Layer A
90 g rice flour
70 tapioca flour or sago flour
150 g yam – peeled, diced and steamed, mashed
200 ml fresh coconut milk/packet one
150 ml water
A drop of voilet coloring (optional)
130 g castor sugar
250 ml water
1/4 tsp salt
2 pandan leaves (knotted)
1 can Ayam brand baked beans(425 g) strained the liquid and divide into 2 portions
30 g rice flour
40 g tapioca flour
75 ml pandan juice (Blended)
100 m fresh coconut milk
70 g castor sugar
100 ml pandan juice (blended)
1/4 tsp salt
1) Combined ingredient A together and strain mixture, and set aside.
2) Bring ingredients B to a boil, discard pandan leaves. Pour mixture into (1), mix well and cook over low heat till its thickens a little bit, Remove from heat and divide into portions.
3) Combine ingrdients D together and strain. Set aside.
4) Bring ingredients E to a boil. Add mixture to (3), mix well and cook over low heat, stirring all the while till it thickens a bit. Remove from heat.
5) Line a 7 x 7 ” square pan with plastic sheet (can buy baking shop). Pour one portion of (2) and smooth it out evenly with a plastic spatula. Scatter with one portion of the baked beans. Steam for 10 minutes, pour in (4) smooth it out evenly and steam for 8 minutes. Pour in the remaining portion of (2), smooth it out and scatter with the remaining baked beans, press it down gently to the mixture. Steam for a further 20-25 minutes or cooked through.
6) Cool kueh completely before slicing with a plastic knife. Happy trying.!!!
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.