5 egg yolk (large)
30 g castor sugar
1 tbsp honey
120 g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
(sieve flour with salt and baking powder 2-3 times)
70 ml corn oil
80 ml Yuzu juice (Blend with roselle petals)
4 pods roselle (remove the petals)
1 tsp rose essence
1/2 tsp cream of tar tar
5 egg whites
1) Whisk egg yolks and sugar till light and creamy, add oil and continue beating. Add in blended roselle Yuzu juice, rose essence, honey and mix evenly. Finally add in flour and just combine.
2) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, add in cream of tartar and whisk till soft peak, gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peak forms.
3) Mix 1/3 of the meringue to yolk mixture and fold it in. Gently fold in the remaining meringue into batter until well mixed and no white streaks remain.
4) Pour batter into 21cm tube pan (UNGREASED) and bake at 165 – 170 C for 40-45 minutes..
5) Invert and cool completely before removing the cake.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.