Egg Yolk mixture
100 g corn oil
100 g grated Gula Melaka
4 egg yolks
200 g mashed banana
150 g cake flour – sift together with 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking powder
30 g brown sugar
4 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1) Cream egg yolk , gula melaka, brown sugar and oil till light and shiny, add in shifted flour, banana and fold till incorporated with the batter. Set aside.
2) In a clean mixing bowl, add the egg whites and beat till frothy, gradually add the castor sugar and whisk till soft peak.
3) Fold 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, gently fold until just blended. Pour the batter back to the balance of the 2/3 meringue and fold until mixture is well blended.
4) Pour the batter evenly onto a lined grease 7 ” x 7 ” cake pan and baked in pre heated oven at 165 C for about 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake came out clean. (If top browns after 45 minutes, cover with aluminium foil)
5) Cool cake in the pan for about 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.