600 g yam
340 g rice flour
50 g tapioca flour
1.2 litres water (divide into 2 portions)
200 g chicken meat -boil till cooked and mince finely
80 g dried shrimps – soaked in water till soft, drain and chopped.
20 dried mushrooms (soaked till soft – drain and chopped)
6 cloves garlics – minced finely
1 tbsp chicken granules
1/2 tsp Five spice powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp oil
100 g sliced shallots – fried till crispy
Sliced spting onions
Sliced red chilli
1) Skin yam, shred 300 g and the balance cut into small cube.
2) Mix rice flour with tapioca flour with 1 portion of the water, stir to mix well.
3) Heat oil in a non stick wok and saute garlics and dried shrimps till aromatic. Then add in mushrooms, chicken meat, shredded yam, cube yam. remaining portion of water, seasoning ingredients. Simmer till it boils, reduce heat.
4) Lastly, stir in flour solution from (2), stir to mix well.
5) Grease a 8 ” square tray and line it with a sheet of white plastic. Pour in the yam mixture and steam over high heat for 45 minutes or till cooked through.
6) Garnish with sliced spring onions, chilli and shallots, serve with chilli sauce.
200 g fresh chilli (pounded)
50 g shallots (pounded)
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
200 ml water
3 tbsp oil
1) Heat wok with oil, saute pounded ingredients, over medium heat, keep on stir frying for 5 minutes till aromatic.
2) Add in remaining ingredients and stir till sauce thickens.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.