For Egg Yolk Mixture
90 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 egg yolks
20 g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
60 ml canola oil
30 g Mixed finely lychee fresh
80 ml lychee syrup (canned lychee)
6 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2. Preheat oven to 160C.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is light and creamy.
4. Add in the oil, salt, lychee minced fresh and syrup and continue to whisk till well combined.
5. Add in the flour mixture and mix till incorporated.
6. To make the meringue, beat egg whites in a clean bowl till foamy. Add cream of tartar and sugar and continue to beat at high speed till stiff peaks form
7. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture and mix with a spatula.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue gently in 2 additions.
9. Pour batter into ungreased 9″ (23cm) chiffon pan.