For Egg Yolk Mixture
80 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 egg yolks
20 g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
60 ml canola oil
30 g soy milk powder
1 tbsp grated gula melaka
3 blades pandan leaves – cut into small piece
70 ml fresh soy milk (sugarless)
(Blend pandan leaves with soy milk and sieve it)
6 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2. Preheat oven to 160C.
3. Dissolve the soya milk powder, gula melaka to the pandan soya milk. Sieve and Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture is light and creamy.
5. Add in the oil, salt, soya milk mixtures and continue to whisk till well combined.
6. Add in the flour mixture and mix till incorporated.
7. To make the meringue, beat egg whites in a clean bowl till foamy. Add cream of tartar and sugar and continue to beat at high speed till stiff peaks form
8. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture and mix with a spatula.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue gently in 2 additions.
10. Pour batter into ungreased 9″ (23cm) chiffon pan.
11. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 65 minutes or until cooked.
12. Remove pan from oven and cool it upside down completely before unmolding.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.