12-15 large prawns – shelled and deveined (pat dry)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp turmeric powder
11/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Smokey Montreal Steak Seasoning
4 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Vintage Smokehouse BBQ sauce
1 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Chilli & Pepper BBQ Sauce
1 tsp minced fresh chilli
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp corn flour
1/2 egg white
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp rice flour
2 tbsp cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 tbsp dessicated coconut
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
1 tbsp minced curry leaves
1 tsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
1) Add prawns in a bowl, add in seasoning ingredients. Mix well and leave aside for 20 minutes.
2) In a separate bowl, add in batter ingredients and mix well, add in marinated prawns and leave aside.
3) In another big plate, mix coating ingredients well, coat marinated chicken with breadcrumbs mixture.
4) Deep fry prawns till crisp and golden. Drain well and serve hot with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, Thai Sweet and Spicy sauce or Sambal Belacan.
Alternatively you can use Air Fryer
1) Pre heat air fryer to 180 C. Line the basket of the air fryer with aluminium foil, arrange the prawns on the foil and lightly brushed with oil.
2) Air fry the prawns for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve hot with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup. Thai Sweet and Spicy Sauce or Sambal Belacan.