200 plain flour
40 g icing sugar
1 small egg
125 g butter
1) Rub flour and butter till it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar, egg anf knead into a smooth dough. Put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2) Roll out dough into 2 mm thickness, cut into small disc and place into tarts mould and bake in pre heated oven 180 C for 25 minutes.
3) Cool on wire rack after baking.
200 g Dessicated coconut or freshly grated white coconut
75 g butter
90 ml fresh milk
20 g custard powder
100 g icing sugar
1) Combined all ingredients in a mixing bowl till well combined into a thick paste, spoon the mixture into the tart shell.
2) Put the tarts filled with mixture in the pre heated oven, and bake for about 25 minutes or until tarts are golden.
3) Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then carefully transfer to a wire rack.
4) Store in airtight tin or container.