10-12 pieces chicken fillets
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Smokey Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 tsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp coarsely crushed black peppercorn
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp corn flour
1 tsp rice flour
2 tbsp cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
3 tbsp nestum cereals
1 tsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
1) Add chicken fillets in a bowl, add in seasoning ingredients. Mix well and leave aside for 20 minutes.
2) In a separate bowl, add in batter ingredients and mix well, add in marinated chicken fingers and leave aside.
3) In another big plate, mix coating ingredients well, coat marinated chicken with breadcrumbs and herbs mixture.
4) Deep fry chicken fingers till crisp and golden. Drain well and serve hot with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup or Thai Sweet and Spicy sauce.
Alternatively you can use Air Fryer
1) Pre heat air fryer to 180 C. Line the basket of the air fryer with aluminium foil, arrange the chicken finger on the foil and lightly brushed with oil.
2) Air fry the chicken fingers for 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve hot with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and Thai Sweet and Spicy Sauce.
5 fresh drumsticks – washed, remove excess fats and pierce thicker parts with a forks
1/2 tsp salt
11/2 tbsp minced garlics
1 tbsp minced Chilli Padi
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 tbsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1) Marinade drumsticks with the seasoning ingredients put in a zip lock bag and left in the fridge for about 4-6 hours.
2) Lined the grill rack with aluminum foil and place the marinated drumsticks skin side up and grilled in pre heated oven 200 C for 30 minutes. Turn the drumsticks over (skin side down) and grilled for another 25 minutes.
3) For extra crispy skin, turn drumsticks again and broil for 3-5 minutes or until skin is browned and crisp.
4) Serve hot with pineapple salad.
200 plain flour
40 g icing sugar
1 small egg
125 g butter
1) Rub flour and butter till it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar, egg anf knead into a smooth dough. Put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2) Roll out dough into 2 mm thickness, cut into small disc and place into tarts mould and bake in pre heated oven 180 C for 25 minutes.
3) Cool on wire rack after baking.
200 g Dessicated coconut or freshly grated white coconut
75 g butter
90 ml fresh milk
20 g custard powder
100 g icing sugar
1) Combined all ingredients in a mixing bowl till well combined into a thick paste, spoon the mixture into the tart shell.
2) Put the tarts filled with mixture in the pre heated oven, and bake for about 25 minutes or until tarts are golden.
3) Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then carefully transfer to a wire rack.
4) Store in airtight tin or container.
3 cups glutinous rice
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 dried shitake mushroom – soaked till soft
2 tbsp dried prawns – soaked till soft
1/2 cups chicken meat
Chicken sausage – sliced
21/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Hua Tio Jiu
Salt to taste
Dash of pepper
1) Heat wok with oil and saute diced ingredients till fragrant and cooked. Add in sauce ingredients and sausage, stir lightly to well mixed. Dish out and set aside.
2) Rinse rice and cook in rice with 21/2 cups water. Mix cooked rice with No. (1) while it is still hot.
3) Clean the crabs and cut into pieces, arrange the crabs on the rice lined with banana leaf. Steam over rapidly boiling water until the crabs is cooked through. Serve hot.
80-100 g ikan billis – washed , pat dry with kitchen paper towel
Sliced thinly Ingredients
3 fresh green chilli
3 fresh red chilli
1 big red onion
2 clove garlic
1 packet Dancing Chef Sweet and Sour Sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp kicap manis
Salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper
1) Heat enough oil in a wok and deep fry ikan billis till crispy, drain well and set aside.
2) Heat 1 tbsp butter in a wok till hot, add in slice ingredients and saute till soft and fragrant. Add sauce ingredients and stir to mix well and bring to a low simmer.
3) Add in Ikan Billis and toss briefly to well combined with the sauce. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot.
Chicken Rolls ingredients
3 chicken legs – deboned and remove excess fat- using a mallet to flatten the meat
100 g minced chicken meat
50 g prawns – chopped coarsely
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Dancing Chef Yellow Curry Paste
1 tsp corn flour
1) Rub boneless chicken legs with seasoning ingredients and marinade for about 15 minutes.
2) In a mixing bowl, marinade minced chicken meat and prawns with 1/2 tbsp Dancing Chef Yellow curry paste and 1 tsp corn flour for 30 minutes.
3) Use aluminium foil, some marinated chicken meat mixture on chicken leg and roll it up like a giant candy. Do the same to the rest. Steam over rapidly boiling water for about 25 minutes or till cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool first.
4) Remove the aluminum foil, baste the chicken with curry gravy and grilled in pre heated oven 250 C till golden brown. Gradually baste the chicken rolls with curry gravy and egg yoik.
4) Remove from oven and slice into pieces and place on serving plate with Pumpkin Curry. Serve hot with rice.
Chicken Pumpkin Curry
2 Kampong Chicken legs – cut into bite size
250 g pumpkin – cut into big chunks with skin
4 pieces – kaffir leave
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt and sugar to taste
1/2 Chicken cube
3 stalks lemongrass – bruised
1 inch galangal – bruised
100 ml coconut milk
11/2 packet Dancing Chef Yellow Curry Paste
100 ml water
1) Season chicken with some salt and corn flour and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
2) Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and saute Dancing Chef Yellow curry paste and tomato ketchup till fragrant over low heat.
3) Add kaffir leaves, chicken meat, stir to mix evenly, add chicken cube, coconut milk and enough water to cover the chicken. Simmer over low medium heat till chicken is 1/2 cooked. Add pumpkin and continue to cook till chicken is cooked through and pumpkin is soft.
4) Season with salt, sugar and taste accordingly. Adjust to your preference. Add more water if you want more gravy but must Not be too watery or runny.
5) Serve hot with with Chicken Rolls and rice.
3 eggs – lightly beaten
1/2 tbsp corn flour mixed with 1/2 tbsp water
(Pour into egg mixture)
5 cups fresh chicken stock – boil chicken bones with ikan billis
1 tomato – quartered
3 tbsp chopped spring onions
2 eggs – beaten with fork
Salt to taste
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules (optional)
1/2 tsp sugar
1) Heat oil in a wok till hot, swirl oil with a round ladle swiftly, slow;y sieve the egg mixture from high end into the hot oil. Continue to swirl the egg with the ladle and cook till crispy and golden brown. Remove egg floss from wok and place on kitchen paper to drain.
2) Put the stock in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, add in crispy egg floss and seasoning ingredients, taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the beaten eggs gradually in a slow thin stream using a fork to pull the egg across the surface of the soup into strands.
4) Sprinkle in spring onions and serve hot.
4 tsp agar agar powder/ 1 packet jelly powder
1000 ml water
400 ml soya bean milk (milky) sugarless
150 g castor sugar
100 ml evaporated milk
1/2 tin mixed fruit cocktail
1) Boil agar agar powder and water, add in soya bean milk and sugar. Bring to a slow boil for 2 minutes.
2) Then add in evaporated milk, mix well.
3) Pour the mixture into small mould of your choice, put mixed fruit on top and syrup. Let it set and keep in refrigerator.
(let the agar agar slightly set before add in the mixed fruit and syrup)
2 tsp agar agar powder
500 ml cocktail syrup
1 tsp Gelatine powder
Few drops of yellow coloring
Boil all the ingredients. Let it cool.
120 g butter – cut into small cube
250 g All Purpose plain flour
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
1 tomato – slice thinly into rings
1) Rub butter with flour till resemble breadcrumbs. Add in sesame seed and a bit of water at a time and knead to form a soft dough, Wrap with cling wrap and chill for 1 hour.
2) Roll out thw chilled dough and line a 9 inch quiche pan. Prick the base with a fork, line with aluminium foil and fill with beans.
3) Bake in pre heated oven 180 C for5-30 minutes. Remove the aluminium foil and beans. Put in the prawns fillings, tomato into the quiche shell. Pour in the custard.
4) Put the quiche back to oven and baked for a further 30 minutes at 180 C.
180 ml whipping cream
Salt to taste
A dash of black pepper
1) Whisk the eggs and add in the whipping cream, season with salt and pepper. Whisk till well combined and sieve to remove any lumps.
Sambal Prawns Fillings
1 tbsp butter
1/2 onion – chopped finely
200 g prawns – shelled and deveined
1 packet Prima Nonya Sambal
1 packet Prima Sambal Chilli
1 tsp Meat curry powder
50 ml water
1 sprig curry leaves
1) Heat butter in a pan, saute the onion until soft, add the curry powder, Sambal Chilli and Nonya Sambal, stir to well mixed over low heat for 3 seconds. Add in prawns, stir to mix well and saute till just cooked.
6 small rolls fresh egg noodles (wantan mee)
1 packet Prima Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste
10 cloves garlic – minced finely
6 cloves garlic – sliced thinly
(Heat enough oil till hot and deep fry minced and sliced garlics till crispy and golden, drain well on a kitchen paper towel).
3 tbsp garlic oil
2 eggs – lightly beaten
1 fresh red chilli – sliced
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 cup cabbage
1 cup carrot
1 cup french beans
1/2 cup red capsicums
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
1) Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil, scald noodles for about 30 seconds. Drain with a large wire mesh ladle and immediately plunge noodles into a basin of cold water for a few seconds. Drain well and place in a dish. Mixed noodle with 1 tbsp of garlic oil.
2) Heat 3 tbsp garlic oil in a wok, add in beaten eggs, stir till bubbly forms, add in shredded vegetables and saute over high heat.
3) Add in noodles, chicken rice paste and sauce ingredients, 1/2 of crispy garlics, toss well with a pair of chopsticks until noodles are well combined with the sauce.
4) Add in chopped spring onions and serve hot, garnished with balance of crispy bits of garlic flakes and chilli strips.