Green Beans Fillings
150 g – Cooked Green Beans
80 g castor sugar
150 ml Coconut milk
100 ml fresh milk
2 tsp Agar Agar powder
10 g Instant Jelly powder or Gelatin powder
300 ml coconut milk
15 g 0Green Bean flour (Hoon Kwee)
4 tsp Agar agar powder
15 g Instant jelly or Gelatin Powder
700 ml water
200 g sugar
A few drops of red and green colour (Colouring of your choice)
Green Beans Filling
1) Blend all ingredients in a blender till smooth.
2) Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to boil. Then pour into a tray (3 x 6 inch). When fillings is cool, cut into pieces and set aside,
1) Mix coconut milk with green bean flour and stir till well blended. Set aside.
2) Combine agar agar powder, instant jelly or gelatin, water and sugar. Bring to boil, stir in coconut milk mixture and bring to boil again, divide into 2 equal portion and add in green colour to onto one portion and red colour to the other portion.
3) Fill ang ko kueh moulds half full with crystal skin mixture. When mixture is 1/2 set, add a piece of filling then fill moulds to the brim with crystal skin mixture. Place moulds in refrigerator.
4) Remove ang koo kueh from moulds when set.